ALLEGED GRAFT: ICPC CONFIRMS NASIR EL-RUFAI’S ARREST AFTER HIS RELEASE FROM EFCC CUSTODY. (PHOTO). #PRESS RELEASE.

Image
Alleged Graft: ICPC Confirms Nasir El-rufai’s Arrest After His Release From EFCC Custody PRESS RELEASE  The Independent Corrupt Practices and Other Related Offences Commission (ICPC) writes to state  that Malam Nasiru El-Rufai the former Governor of Kaduna state is in our custody as at close of work, Wednesday the 18th day of February, 2026.   Malam Nasiru El-Rufai is in the  custody of the Commission in connection with investigations.  J. Okor Odey  Head Media and Public Communications /Spokesperson  ICPC

BUSINESSMAN CRIES OUT AFTER BENUE URBAN BOARD TEAM DESTROYS ONGOING PROJECT. (PHOTO).


 BUSINESSMAN CRIES OUT AFTER BENUE URBAN BOARD TEAM DESTROYS ONGOING PROJECT


23rd July, 2025      


 A small business operator in Makurdi has expressed deep frustration following the demolition of his construction project by officials alleged to be from the Benue State Urban Development Board (UDB), despite previously receiving approval to continue the work.


Speaking to newsmen, the victim, who recently commenced work on a commercial structure along Jagsu Filling Station by International Market Road near Nyon Junction, narrated that he had initially halted construction when approached by a UDB official identified as Gwaza Amile in early May.


“I stopped work as directed and followed Mr. Gwaza to his superior. After making commitments, they gave me the go-ahead to continue with my building,” he said.


However, trouble began when another individual, identified only as Paul and claiming to be a coordinator with the board, allegedly began making separate financial demands. The businessman claims Paul insisted all payments must go through him.


“Paul kept insisting that I settle him directly. This morning, to my shock, a team came and demolished almost everything I had built. I am devastated,” he said.


According to him, the damages could cost him nearly one million naira to repair destruction he believes could have been avoided had he been treated fairly.


“I feel ashamed because Paul, who did this, is my fellow Tiv man. He didn't even give me the chance to meet his demands. I'm sure whatever he wanted wouldn't have cost up to 100,000 naira,” he added.


Despite the setback, the businessman remains optimistic.


“As God lives, I will rebuild this project—this time even better than before.”


The incident raises questions about transparency and internal coordination within government regulatory bodies and highlights the struggles faced by small-scale entrepreneurs navigating bureaucracy in Benue State.

Cr: citizen tv

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

INNOSON GIVES OUT BRAND NEW IVM G5 AND SALARY FOR LIFE TO THE MAN WHO PROPHESIED ABOUT HIS VEHICLE MANUFACTURING IN 1979.(PHOTO).

SHAKIRA COVERS WOMEN'S HEALTH MAGAZINE,APRIL ISSUE.

TINUBU ANNOUNCES ARRIVAL OF 4 U.S ATTACK HELICOPTERS. (PHOTO).