ATIKU APOLOGIZES TO NIGERIAN TEACHERS, CITING 'FAILED LEADERSHIP' AMID ECONOMIC HARDSHIP. (PHOTO).

Image
 Atiku Apologizes to Nigerian Teachers, Citing 'Failed Leadership' Amid Economic Hardship Abuja, Nigeria - Former Vice President and Presidential Candidate of the African Democratic Congress, Atiku Abubakar, has issued a heartfelt apology to Nigerian teachers, attributing their current economic plight to what he described as the 'failed leadership' of the nation. In a statement released on Monday by his spokesperson, Abubakar expressed deep concern over the escalating cost of living, which he stated is severely hindering teachers' ability to provide for their families and effectively carry out their crucial educational duties. Abubakar, a staunch advocate for education, took a moment to laud the immense sacrifices made by Nigerian educators. Reflecting on his own formative years, he shared a personal connection to the teaching profession. "Of course, I appreciate Nigerian teachers. I am a product of their work and the education I received in their classrooms,...

BUSINESSMAN CRIES OUT AFTER BENUE URBAN BOARD TEAM DESTROYS ONGOING PROJECT. (PHOTO).


 BUSINESSMAN CRIES OUT AFTER BENUE URBAN BOARD TEAM DESTROYS ONGOING PROJECT


23rd July, 2025      


 A small business operator in Makurdi has expressed deep frustration following the demolition of his construction project by officials alleged to be from the Benue State Urban Development Board (UDB), despite previously receiving approval to continue the work.


Speaking to newsmen, the victim, who recently commenced work on a commercial structure along Jagsu Filling Station by International Market Road near Nyon Junction, narrated that he had initially halted construction when approached by a UDB official identified as Gwaza Amile in early May.


“I stopped work as directed and followed Mr. Gwaza to his superior. After making commitments, they gave me the go-ahead to continue with my building,” he said.


However, trouble began when another individual, identified only as Paul and claiming to be a coordinator with the board, allegedly began making separate financial demands. The businessman claims Paul insisted all payments must go through him.


“Paul kept insisting that I settle him directly. This morning, to my shock, a team came and demolished almost everything I had built. I am devastated,” he said.


According to him, the damages could cost him nearly one million naira to repair destruction he believes could have been avoided had he been treated fairly.


“I feel ashamed because Paul, who did this, is my fellow Tiv man. He didn't even give me the chance to meet his demands. I'm sure whatever he wanted wouldn't have cost up to 100,000 naira,” he added.


Despite the setback, the businessman remains optimistic.


“As God lives, I will rebuild this project—this time even better than before.”


The incident raises questions about transparency and internal coordination within government regulatory bodies and highlights the struggles faced by small-scale entrepreneurs navigating bureaucracy in Benue State.

Cr: citizen tv

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

THE NEW OONI OF ILE-IFE,WILL NOT EAT THE HEART OF THE LATE OONI-PALACE CHIEFS.

INNOSON GIVES OUT BRAND NEW IVM G5 AND SALARY FOR LIFE TO THE MAN WHO PROPHESIED ABOUT HIS VEHICLE MANUFACTURING IN 1979.(PHOTO).

SHAKIRA COVERS WOMEN'S HEALTH MAGAZINE,APRIL ISSUE.