GUINEA-BISSAU STOPS VACCINE STUDY FUNDED BY TRUMP ADMINISTRATION. (PHOTO).

Image
 Guinea-Bissau stops vaccine study funded by Trump administration Guinea-Bissau's foreign minister has said his government has stopped a study funded by the Trump administration aiming to evaluate side effects of the life-saving hepatitis B vaccine, including any links to autism. The West African country, one of the region's poorest, has high rates of hepatitis B, and the prospective study had drawn an outcry from scientists and international health bodies because only half the newborns in the trial would get the vaccine at birth. World Health Organization Director-General Tedros Ghebreyesus said it was not ethical. Guinea-Bissau last month suspended the trial pending an ethical review. Critics had said it was being used to test theories linking vaccines to autism, long promoted by U.S. Health Secretary Robert F. Kennedy Jr but contradicted by scientific evidence. Foreign Minister Joao Bernardo Vieira said in an interview on Tuesday that the study had been closed, citing concer...

DOCTOR WHO STAR NOEL CLARKE LOSES DEFAMATION CASE AGAINST THE GUARDIAN . (PHOTO).


 Doctor Who star Noel Clarke loses defamation case against The Guardian 

Noel Clarke has lost his libel case against a major U.K. newspaper after a high court ruled that its reporting on sexual misconduct allegations from more than 20 women was substantially true and in the public interest.

Justice Steyn, who presided over the case, said Clarke was not a credible or reliable witness. The judge noted that while Clarke claimed to desist when advances were rejected, he often expected others to tolerate his “sexual banter” and viewed those who resisted as hostile. Clarke responded to the ruling by stating, “I have never claimed to be perfect. But I am not the person described in these articles.”

The actor, known for Doctor Who and Kidulthood, had challenged the publication’s 2021 and 2022 investigations, denying the allegations and claiming they were false and part of an unlawful conspiracy. Justice Steyn dismissed claims of an “anonymous email campaign” as unrelated to the witnesses who testified in court.

The newspaper’s editor-in-chief described the ruling as a victory for investigative journalism and for the women who came forward. She emphasized that the investigation was thorough, fair, and in the public interest, highlighting the importance of encouraging others to speak out against misconduct. Following the original allegations, Clarke’s TV series Bulletproof was canceled by Sky, and BAFTA suspended his lifetime achievement award.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

INNOSON GIVES OUT BRAND NEW IVM G5 AND SALARY FOR LIFE TO THE MAN WHO PROPHESIED ABOUT HIS VEHICLE MANUFACTURING IN 1979.(PHOTO).

SHAKIRA COVERS WOMEN'S HEALTH MAGAZINE,APRIL ISSUE.

TINUBU ANNOUNCES ARRIVAL OF 4 U.S ATTACK HELICOPTERS. (PHOTO).