ALLEGED GRAFT: ICPC CONFIRMS NASIR EL-RUFAI’S ARREST AFTER HIS RELEASE FROM EFCC CUSTODY. (PHOTO). #PRESS RELEASE.

Image
Alleged Graft: ICPC Confirms Nasir El-rufai’s Arrest After His Release From EFCC Custody PRESS RELEASE  The Independent Corrupt Practices and Other Related Offences Commission (ICPC) writes to state  that Malam Nasiru El-Rufai the former Governor of Kaduna state is in our custody as at close of work, Wednesday the 18th day of February, 2026.   Malam Nasiru El-Rufai is in the  custody of the Commission in connection with investigations.  J. Okor Odey  Head Media and Public Communications /Spokesperson  ICPC

MAIN MARKET CHAIRMAN VISITS VICTIMS OF ONITSHA INCIDENT, PLEDGES SUPPORT. (PHOTO). #PRESS RELEASE


 Main Market Chairman Visits Victims of Onitsha Incident, Pledges Support


By Chioma Nwankwo/Claribel Udah/Chika Obi 


The Chairman of the Main Market, Onitsha, Hon. Chijioke Okpalaugo, on Monday visited victims of the unfortunate incident that occurred earlier in the day at the market.


Okpalaugo was at the Federal Medical Centre (FMC), Onitsha, and Multicare Hospital, Omagba, where the injured were receiving treatment. He commiserated with the victims and assured them of continued support from the market leadership.


Speaking during the visit, the chairman expressed concern over attempts to politicise the incident, describing such actions as insensitive to the plight of those affected. He specifically criticized the actions of some political actors, noting that the focus should remain on the welfare of victims rather than political point-scoring.


“I took control of the situation to ensure calmness. My priority now is to make sure those injured receive the best medical attention. I will keep visiting the hospitals to monitor their progress,” Okpalaugo said.


He also commended the Mayor of Onitsha North Local Government Area, Hon. Amalunweze Tony Nwora, for depositing funds at the hospitals to support treatment, commending the gesture as timely and humane.


Okpalaugo further assured traders and residents that an investigation would be carried out to unravel the cause of the incident, even as he urged the public to disregard false reports circulating on social media about multiple casualties.


“Only one life was lost, and we pray for the peaceful repose of her soul. The priority now is to care for the injured and prevent further tension,” he said.


*The officers are of the Ministry of Information, Anambra state. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

INNOSON GIVES OUT BRAND NEW IVM G5 AND SALARY FOR LIFE TO THE MAN WHO PROPHESIED ABOUT HIS VEHICLE MANUFACTURING IN 1979.(PHOTO).

SHAKIRA COVERS WOMEN'S HEALTH MAGAZINE,APRIL ISSUE.

TINUBU ANNOUNCES ARRIVAL OF 4 U.S ATTACK HELICOPTERS. (PHOTO).