GUINEA-BISSAU STOPS VACCINE STUDY FUNDED BY TRUMP ADMINISTRATION. (PHOTO).

Image
 Guinea-Bissau stops vaccine study funded by Trump administration Guinea-Bissau's foreign minister has said his government has stopped a study funded by the Trump administration aiming to evaluate side effects of the life-saving hepatitis B vaccine, including any links to autism. The West African country, one of the region's poorest, has high rates of hepatitis B, and the prospective study had drawn an outcry from scientists and international health bodies because only half the newborns in the trial would get the vaccine at birth. World Health Organization Director-General Tedros Ghebreyesus said it was not ethical. Guinea-Bissau last month suspended the trial pending an ethical review. Critics had said it was being used to test theories linking vaccines to autism, long promoted by U.S. Health Secretary Robert F. Kennedy Jr but contradicted by scientific evidence. Foreign Minister Joao Bernardo Vieira said in an interview on Tuesday that the study had been closed, citing concer...

LOUVRE EMPLOYEE SAYS VIDEO SURVEILLANCE SYSTEM PASSWORD WAS 'LOUVRE'. (PHOTO).


 Louvre employee says video surveillance system password was 'Louvre'

An employee has revealed that the password to the Louvre’s video surveillance system at the time of last month’s $102 million jewel heist was simply “Louvre.” The disclosure has intensified scrutiny of the museum’s security in the aftermath of the high-profile robbery.

During testimony before a French Senate committee, Louvre President Laurence des Cars said that the only camera outside the Apollo Gallery faced west and did not cover the window the thieves used to break in. She noted that while all alarms and cameras were functioning, there was a “weakness” in perimeter security due to underinvestment. Investigators said the entire robbery, from entry to getaway, lasted just seven minutes, with the thieves using a truck-mounted mechanical cherry picker to exit the gallery.

Des Cars defended the gallery’s security system but acknowledged the need to adapt to unforeseen methods of attack, adding that the incident represented a “terrible failure” and highlighting security as a top priority since her 2021 appointment. Authorities have charged four suspects, including a taxi driver, a delivery worker, and two others from northern Paris suburbs, though at least one participant remains at large. DNA evidence linked the suspects to the crime, and some have partially admitted involvement. The Apollo Gallery remains closed as investigators continue searching for the missing jewels and reviewing new evidence seized during searches.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

INNOSON GIVES OUT BRAND NEW IVM G5 AND SALARY FOR LIFE TO THE MAN WHO PROPHESIED ABOUT HIS VEHICLE MANUFACTURING IN 1979.(PHOTO).

SHAKIRA COVERS WOMEN'S HEALTH MAGAZINE,APRIL ISSUE.

TINUBU ANNOUNCES ARRIVAL OF 4 U.S ATTACK HELICOPTERS. (PHOTO).