GUINEA-BISSAU STOPS VACCINE STUDY FUNDED BY TRUMP ADMINISTRATION. (PHOTO).

Image
 Guinea-Bissau stops vaccine study funded by Trump administration Guinea-Bissau's foreign minister has said his government has stopped a study funded by the Trump administration aiming to evaluate side effects of the life-saving hepatitis B vaccine, including any links to autism. The West African country, one of the region's poorest, has high rates of hepatitis B, and the prospective study had drawn an outcry from scientists and international health bodies because only half the newborns in the trial would get the vaccine at birth. World Health Organization Director-General Tedros Ghebreyesus said it was not ethical. Guinea-Bissau last month suspended the trial pending an ethical review. Critics had said it was being used to test theories linking vaccines to autism, long promoted by U.S. Health Secretary Robert F. Kennedy Jr but contradicted by scientific evidence. Foreign Minister Joao Bernardo Vieira said in an interview on Tuesday that the study had been closed, citing concer...

FUEL SUBSIDY: SERAP SUES GOVS, WIKE OVER ‘FAILURE TO ACCOUNT FOR ₦14TRN SAVINGS’.(PHOTO).


 Fuel Subsidy: SERAP sues Govs, Wike over ‘failure to account for ₦14trn savings’


The Socio-Economic Rights and Accountability Project (SERAP) sued 36 state governors and the Minister of the Federal Capital Territory, Abuja, Nyesom Wike, “over their failure to account for the spending of the ₦14trn fuel subsidy savings they collected from Federation Account Allocation Committee (FAAC) allocations, including details of projects executed with the money, and the completion reports on the projects.”


Disclosing this in a statement on Sunday, SERAP said the suit followed reports that the 36 governors and the FCT minister have collected trillions of naira from FAAC allocations as fuel subsidy savings since mid-2023. It argued that the increased allocations have not translated into improved access to quality healthcare and education for poor and vulnerable Nigerians.


The suit with number FHC/L/MSC/1424/2025 was filed last Friday at the Federal High Court, Lagos. The group wants the court to “direct and compel the governors and Mr Wike to disclose the details of the spending of the increased FAAC allocations being savings from the removal of fuel subsidy in May 2023.” It also asked the court to “compel the governors and Mr Wike to disclose details and the location of the projects executed, if any, with the increased FAAC allocations from the savings from the removal of fuel subsidy.”


“Nigerians ought to know in what manner public funds, including fuel subsidy savings, are spent by the governors and FCT minister.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

INNOSON GIVES OUT BRAND NEW IVM G5 AND SALARY FOR LIFE TO THE MAN WHO PROPHESIED ABOUT HIS VEHICLE MANUFACTURING IN 1979.(PHOTO).

SHAKIRA COVERS WOMEN'S HEALTH MAGAZINE,APRIL ISSUE.

TINUBU ANNOUNCES ARRIVAL OF 4 U.S ATTACK HELICOPTERS. (PHOTO).