GUINEA-BISSAU STOPS VACCINE STUDY FUNDED BY TRUMP ADMINISTRATION. (PHOTO).

Image
 Guinea-Bissau stops vaccine study funded by Trump administration Guinea-Bissau's foreign minister has said his government has stopped a study funded by the Trump administration aiming to evaluate side effects of the life-saving hepatitis B vaccine, including any links to autism. The West African country, one of the region's poorest, has high rates of hepatitis B, and the prospective study had drawn an outcry from scientists and international health bodies because only half the newborns in the trial would get the vaccine at birth. World Health Organization Director-General Tedros Ghebreyesus said it was not ethical. Guinea-Bissau last month suspended the trial pending an ethical review. Critics had said it was being used to test theories linking vaccines to autism, long promoted by U.S. Health Secretary Robert F. Kennedy Jr but contradicted by scientific evidence. Foreign Minister Joao Bernardo Vieira said in an interview on Tuesday that the study had been closed, citing concer...

LIBYAN DELEGATION VISITS SITE OF ARMY CHIEF'S PLANE CRASH IN TÜRKIYE. (PHOTO).


 Libyan delegation visits site of army chief's plane crash in Türkiye


A group of military officials from Libya has visited the site near Turkish capital, Ankara, where a plane crashed on Tuesday, killing Libyan Chief of General Staff General Mohamed Ali Al-Haddad alongside his delegation and three crew members.


The Libyan officials arrived in Ankara on Wednesday and travelled to Kesikkavak in Ankara’s Haymana district, where the jet went down, killing everyone on board.


The delegation then proceeded to the area where the wreckage is located, where search and investigation efforts are ongoing.


The black box and cockpit voice recorder of the plane were recovered early Wednesday, Turkish Interior Minister Ali Yerlikaya said, adding that the wreckage is spread out over an area of roughly 3 square kilometers (about 1.16 square miles).


Examination and evaluation of the devices – which should help determine the cause of the crash – has begun, Yerlikaya said.


Over 400 personnel have been working at the scene with 103 ground vehicles and seven air vehicles, he added.


A 22-member Libyan delegation – including five relatives of the victims, defence ministry representatives, and officials from the Interior Ministry – also arrived in Ankara, Yerlikaya said.


“We are also very curious about (the cause of the crash), but this data will reveal the cause, and the authorities will share the findings with you,” he said.


The Falcon 50-type business jet crashed after taking off from Ankara’s Esenboga Airport en route to Tripoli, the Libyan capital.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

INNOSON GIVES OUT BRAND NEW IVM G5 AND SALARY FOR LIFE TO THE MAN WHO PROPHESIED ABOUT HIS VEHICLE MANUFACTURING IN 1979.(PHOTO).

SHAKIRA COVERS WOMEN'S HEALTH MAGAZINE,APRIL ISSUE.

TINUBU ANNOUNCES ARRIVAL OF 4 U.S ATTACK HELICOPTERS. (PHOTO).