OLUKOYEDE ORDERS WITHDRAWAL OF CHARGES AGAINST MARYAM SHEHU, ABUBAKAR SHURAIM ABDULHAMAD. (PHOTO).

Image
    Olukoyede Orders Withdrawal of Charges against Maryam Shehu,  Abubakar Shuraim Abdulhamad The Executive Chairman of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission,  EFCC,  Mr. Ola Olukoyede has compassionately ordered the withdrawal of charges preferred against Maryam Isah Shehu and  Abubakar Shuraim Abdulhamad, who were, on Thursday August 20, 2026 arraigned  before Justice Joyce Abdulmalik of the Federal High Court, Abuja ,   for alleged cybercrime and peddling malicious information against the Commission.  While the  Commission considered the arraignment of the two defendants for cyber stalking to be contrary to Section 24(2) (c) of the Cybercrimes (Prohibition, Prevention, Etc) Act, 2015 (As Amended) 2024 and punishable under Section 24 (2) (c) (ii) of the same Act, the Executive Chairman,  nonetheless,  considered the passionate pleas and  apologies  of Shehu’s father and appeals of well-meaning Nigerians ...

AUSTRIAN COURT CONVICTS MAN OVER PLOT TO ATTACK TAYLOR SWIFT'S VIENNA CONCERT. (PHOTO).



Austrian court convicts man over plot to attack Taylor Swift's Vienna concert


 An Austrian court has convicted a man of planning an attack targeting a Taylor Swift concert in Vienna, a plot that led to the cancellation of the singer’s scheduled shows in the city.

The state court in Wiener Neustadt found the 21-year-old Austrian citizen, identified in line with privacy rules as Beran A., guilty on charges related to the planned attack near the Ernst Happel Stadium. Authorities said the plot involved targeting concertgoers with knives or homemade explosives during Swift’s Eras Tour stop in August 2024.

Although the attack was ultimately foiled, officials canceled all three of Swift’s Vienna performances at the time due to security concerns. Tens of thousands of fans had been expected to attend, and many gathered in central Vienna afterward to express disappointment and solidarity, trading friendship bracelets and mourning the cancellations.

During the trial, Beran A.’s defense attorney said he admitted to the concert-related charges on the first day of proceedings last month. In brief remarks before the court adjourned to deliberate, he told the judge, “I would just like to say that I am sorry.”

The case was part of a broader investigation involving multiple suspects accused of plotting coordinated attacks in different countries during Ramadan 2024 in the name of the Islamic State group. While two other individuals were linked to the wider conspiracy, only Beran A. was charged in connection with the Vienna concert plot, and he denied involvement in the separate allegations tied to the broader scheme.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SHAKIRA COVERS WOMEN'S HEALTH MAGAZINE,APRIL ISSUE.

INNOSON GIVES OUT BRAND NEW IVM G5 AND SALARY FOR LIFE TO THE MAN WHO PROPHESIED ABOUT HIS VEHICLE MANUFACTURING IN 1979.(PHOTO).

MUSICIAN HARRY-SONG,REVEALS THE FACE OF THE FEMALE FAN WHO IS THREATENING TO KILL HIM.{PHOTOS}.