NAF INTENSIFIES AIRPOWER CAMPAIGN, STRENGTHENS AIR PRESENCE IN SOKOTO TO DENY TERRORISTS FREEDOM OF ACTION. (PHOTOS). #PRESS RELEASE

Image
 NAF INTENSIFIES AIRPOWER CAMPAIGN, STRENGTHENS AIR PRESENCE IN SOKOTO TO DENY TERRORISTS FREEDOM OF ACTION The Nigerian Air Force (NAF) has intensified its airpower campaign against terrorism, banditry, kidnapping and other criminal activities across the North-West, with a strengthened air presence in Sokoto State to support ongoing joint security operations. The initiative reflects the Service’s determination to sustain pressure on hostile elements, enhance aerial surveillance and maintain the capacity for rapid response to emerging threats, while providing effective air support to ground forces operating within the Joint Operations Area. The strengthened air presence is particularly significant in the fight against asymmetric threats, where terrorists and bandits exploit difficult terrain, mobility and concealment to evade ground forces. By leveraging the reach, speed, flexibility and precision of airpower, the NAF is better positioned to support efforts to locate, disrupt and d...

KENYAN GOVERNMENT HALTS US EBOLA CENTRE AS HEALTH MINISTER FACES CONTEMPT CASE. (PHOTO).


 Kenyan government halts US Ebola centre as health minister faces contempt case


Kenya has ordered a halt to preparations for a US-run Ebola quarantine facility, the health minister told a court Tuesday, after the minister was held in contempt for ignoring a previous stop-work order.


Kenyans have strongly opposed the plan, and deadly protests have taken place since the facility was announced in May for potential US citizens evacuated from the Democratic Republic of Congo, which is grappling with a major Ebola outbreak.


Three people have been killed in unrest near the facility in Laikipia.


It has been constructed at Laikipia Air Base, about 200 kilometres (125 miles) from the capital, Nairobi, with some 50 isolation beds, and was expected to be managed by US medical staff.


Ignoring court orders


Kenya's government ignored a previous order by the high court to stop work on the site.


Rights groups had petitioned the court, saying the facility was being developed secretly and without consultation.


On Monday, the court said health minister Aden Duale was held in contempt for failing to respond to the order and should appear for sentencing.


He appeared in court on Tuesday and apologised, saying: "I have directed the immediate and complete cessation of any intended construction, site preparation, or related activities concerning the Laikipia Air Base facility pending the hearing and determination of the substantive petition or until further orders of this court", AFP reported.


Kenya has never recorded a case of Ebola and many oppose bringing potential carriers of the highly contagious disease into the country.


‘Colonial overtones’


The United States has also pledged $13.5 million to support Kenya's Ebola preparedness efforts, but critics also oppose what they see as colonial overtones in the arrangement.


Ruto has defended the project, telling Reuters in ​an interview last week that Nairobi was ​right ⁠to allow the U.S. to build the isolation centre as part of Kenya's broader preparedness plan.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SHAKIRA COVERS WOMEN'S HEALTH MAGAZINE,APRIL ISSUE.

INNOSON GIVES OUT BRAND NEW IVM G5 AND SALARY FOR LIFE TO THE MAN WHO PROPHESIED ABOUT HIS VEHICLE MANUFACTURING IN 1979.(PHOTO).

MUSICIAN HARRY-SONG,REVEALS THE FACE OF THE FEMALE FAN WHO IS THREATENING TO KILL HIM.{PHOTOS}.