SENATE APPROVES DEATH PENALTY FOR DRUG TRAFFICKERS. (PHOTO).

Image
 Senate Approves Death Penalty For Drug Traffickers The Senate has approved the death penalty for those convicted on the charge of drug trafficking in the country. The punishment prescribed in the extant NDLEA Act is a maximum sentence of life imprisonment. The resolution of the Senate followed its consideration of a report of the Committees on Judiciary, Human Rights and Legal Matters and Drugs and Narcotics, National Drug Law Enforcement Agency (NDLEA) Act (Amendment) Bill, 2024. The Chairman of the Committee on Judiciary, Human Rights & Legal Matters presented the report during plenary, Sen.Mohammed Monguno (APC-Borno North). The bill, which passed its third reading, aims to update the list of dangerous drugs, strengthen the operations of the NDLEA, review penalties, and empower the establishment of laboratories. Section 11 of the current Act prescribes that “any person who, without lawful authority; imports, manufactures, produces, processes, plants or grows the drugs popularly

BARR. PAUL DURU RECOUNTS HIS SURVIVAL OF ASSASSINATION .. (PHOTOS).



Barr Paul Duru recounts his survival of Assassination . 

Today, November 12, 2023 marks exactly 2  years that I survived an assassination attempt. Although I am still in the hospital overseas while  celebrating my survival after the gory incident, I am grateful to God for saving my life. A living dog is indeed better than a dead lion!

I actually read my obituary but God said that it is not my time yet. My attackers shot me in the face with a gun at close range, locked me  up in the booth of my car and set  the car set on fire with the aim of burning me inside the car. Till now, those who tried to kill me cannot say what wrong I did to them. It is my prayer for God to forgive my attackers for they didn't know what they were doing.

I thank my immediate  family and  my friends and well wishers who have been with me in all these trying times. In a special way, I thank my Okwudor kinsmen for the brotherly love they showed to me. I thank my old school mates of Okwudor Secondary Technical School (1985 set), my old school mates of the Department of English Language and Literature, Abia State University (1989/93 set), my old school mates of the Faculty of Law, Imo State University (2008 set) and my old school mates of the Nigerian Law School, Victoria Island Lagos Campus (2009 set) for their respective assistance. I also thank my colleagues of the Nigeria Bar Association, Orlu, Imo State Branch for being there for me.In a special way, I thank respective members of the Bench who in one way or the other assisted me personally. 

My big gratitude further goes to the team of doctors at the Federal Medical Centre (FMC), Owerri who first attended to me as well as the team of doctors at the UNTH ENUGU who handled my case for 7 months and finally my team of surgeons at Aakash Healthcare Super Speciality Hospital, Dwarka, New Delhi India who are presently working on my plastic surgery. May God bless you all..
More photos below. 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ACTOR BABA IJESHA APPEALS FIVE-YEAR JAIL SENTENCE FOR SEXUAL ASSAULT. (PHOTO).

INNOSON GIVES OUT BRAND NEW IVM G5 AND SALARY FOR LIFE TO THE MAN WHO PROPHESIED ABOUT HIS VEHICLE MANUFACTURING IN 1979.(PHOTO).

PUNISH MY ABUSERS WITHIN 48 HOURS OR FACE LAWSUIT- STUDENT BULLIED BY HER CLASSMATES THREATEN SCHOOL AUTHORITIES. (PHOTO).