GUINEA-BISSAU STOPS VACCINE STUDY FUNDED BY TRUMP ADMINISTRATION. (PHOTO).

Image
 Guinea-Bissau stops vaccine study funded by Trump administration Guinea-Bissau's foreign minister has said his government has stopped a study funded by the Trump administration aiming to evaluate side effects of the life-saving hepatitis B vaccine, including any links to autism. The West African country, one of the region's poorest, has high rates of hepatitis B, and the prospective study had drawn an outcry from scientists and international health bodies because only half the newborns in the trial would get the vaccine at birth. World Health Organization Director-General Tedros Ghebreyesus said it was not ethical. Guinea-Bissau last month suspended the trial pending an ethical review. Critics had said it was being used to test theories linking vaccines to autism, long promoted by U.S. Health Secretary Robert F. Kennedy Jr but contradicted by scientific evidence. Foreign Minister Joao Bernardo Vieira said in an interview on Tuesday that the study had been closed, citing concer...

LAGOS TARGETS YOUTH TALENT WITH NEW ARTS, CRAFTS COMPETITION.(PHOTOS). #PRESS RELEASE.


 LAGOS TARGETS YOUTH TALENT WITH NEW ARTS, CRAFTS COMPETITION


The Lagos State Government has unveiled a new initiative aimed at harnessing the creativity of its young people to celebrate heritage and shape the future of its cultural identity.


Speaking at a press briefing on Thursday, the Senior Special Assistant to the Governor on Tourism, Arts and Culture, Damilola Ayinde-Marshal, Esq., announced the launch of the Maiden Eko Arts and Crafts Competition, designed to provide secondary and tertiary school students with a platform to showcase their artistic gifts.


Describing the competition as “a golden opportunity” for young Lagosians to transform their passion into productive careers, Marshal noted: “Within our classrooms are young artists, sculptors, and creative thinkers whose gifts must not only be encouraged but also refined, celebrated, and projected to the world. This competition reflects the vision of Governor Babajide Sanwo-Olu, under the T.H.E.M.E.S Plus agenda, to position Lagos as the cultural and entertainment hub of Africa.”


She explained that beyond talent discovery, the initiative will serve as a springboard for mentorship, exhibitions, and potential partnerships, while also fostering entrepreneurship in the creative sector and promoting Lagos’s cultural identity through both modern and traditional artistic expressions.


Ayinde-Marshal emphasised that art goes beyond aesthetics, stressing its role as a tool for storytelling and heritage preservation. “By promoting arts and crafts, we are not only encouraging creativity but also safeguarding the cultural wealth of Lagos State,” she said.


According to her, registration for the competition will open exclusively to students of Lagos Secondary Schools and Tertiary Institutions via https://ekoschoolsartsandcrafts.com.


She expressed confidence that the Eko Arts and Crafts Competition will uncover hidden talents, inspire a new generation of creatives, and contribute significantly to the cultural and economic development of Lagos State.

More photos below. 






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

INNOSON GIVES OUT BRAND NEW IVM G5 AND SALARY FOR LIFE TO THE MAN WHO PROPHESIED ABOUT HIS VEHICLE MANUFACTURING IN 1979.(PHOTO).

SHAKIRA COVERS WOMEN'S HEALTH MAGAZINE,APRIL ISSUE.

TINUBU ANNOUNCES ARRIVAL OF 4 U.S ATTACK HELICOPTERS. (PHOTO).