ISLAM MAKHACHEV SETS UFC RECORD WITH 17TH STRAIGHT WIN, DEFENDS WELTERWEIGHT TITLE AT UFC 330.(PHOTO).

Image
 Islam Makhachev sets UFC record with 17th straight win, defends welterweight title at UFC 330   Islam Makhachev overcame a bruised and battered face to make UFC history Saturday night, earning a unanimous decision over Ian Machado Garry and successfully defending his welterweight championship at UFC 330. The victory gave Makhachev his 17th consecutive UFC win, breaking his tie with UFC Hall of Famer Anderson Silva for the longest winning streak in promotional history. Makhachev improved to 29-1 and has not lost since 2015. Judges scored the five-round bout 49-46 twice and 48-47. Although Machado Garry gave Makhachev a competitive fight, the champion maintained control when it mattered most. Makhachev nearly ended the contest in the second round when a left head kick landed flush and sent Machado Garry to the canvas. Makhachev followed with a flurry of punches, but the challenger survived and made it to the end of the round. Machado Garry responded with his strongest stretch o...

FOLARIN BALOGUN CLEARED TO PLAY IN WORLD CUP ROUND OF 16 AFTER FIFA SUSPENDS RED CARD BAN AGAINST US STRIKER. (PHOTO).


 Folarin Balogun cleared to play in World Cup round of 16 after FIFA suspends red card ban against US striker

U.S. striker Folarin Balogun will be available for the USMNT’s World Cup Round of 16 match against Belgium on Monday after FIFA suspended his one-game red card ban.

FIFA announced Sunday that the suspension would be placed on hold under a one-year probationary period, allowing Balogun to return to eligibility for the knockout-stage match in Seattle.

Balogun was shown a red card in the second half of the United States’ match against Bosnia-Herzegovina last week after a challenge involving an opponent’s foot. The decision led to his ejection and an automatic one-match suspension. At the time, FIFA stated that referees’ disciplinary rulings were final and not subject to appeal.

Under the revised ruling, FIFA warned that if Balogun commits another similar offense during the probation period, the suspension would be enforced immediately, in addition to any further disciplinary action.

U.S. men’s national team coach Mauricio Pochettino said after the match that Balogun was disappointed by the decision and that the contact did not appear intentional.

U.S. Soccer said it accepted the ruling and welcomed the decision to suspend the ban, adding that the team’s focus is now on preparing for the Belgium match.

The United States and Belgium are set to face off Monday night in Seattle in the Round of 16.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

INNOSON GIVES OUT BRAND NEW IVM G5 AND SALARY FOR LIFE TO THE MAN WHO PROPHESIED ABOUT HIS VEHICLE MANUFACTURING IN 1979.(PHOTO).

SHAKIRA COVERS WOMEN'S HEALTH MAGAZINE,APRIL ISSUE.

MUSICIAN HARRY-SONG,REVEALS THE FACE OF THE FEMALE FAN WHO IS THREATENING TO KILL HIM.{PHOTOS}.