GUINEA-BISSAU STOPS VACCINE STUDY FUNDED BY TRUMP ADMINISTRATION. (PHOTO).

Image
 Guinea-Bissau stops vaccine study funded by Trump administration Guinea-Bissau's foreign minister has said his government has stopped a study funded by the Trump administration aiming to evaluate side effects of the life-saving hepatitis B vaccine, including any links to autism. The West African country, one of the region's poorest, has high rates of hepatitis B, and the prospective study had drawn an outcry from scientists and international health bodies because only half the newborns in the trial would get the vaccine at birth. World Health Organization Director-General Tedros Ghebreyesus said it was not ethical. Guinea-Bissau last month suspended the trial pending an ethical review. Critics had said it was being used to test theories linking vaccines to autism, long promoted by U.S. Health Secretary Robert F. Kennedy Jr but contradicted by scientific evidence. Foreign Minister Joao Bernardo Vieira said in an interview on Tuesday that the study had been closed, citing concer...

ECONOMIC SABOTAGE: POLICE BUSTS ILLEGAL PETROLEUM REFINING SITE, ARRESTS 2 SUSPECTS, RECOVERS TRUCKS.(PHOTOS).#PRESS RELEASE.


PRESS RELEASE 


ECONOMIC SABOTAGE: POLICE BUSTS ILLEGAL PETROLEUM REFINING SITE, ARRESTS 2 SUSPECTS, RECOVERS TRUCKS 


Police operatives attached to the IGP Special Task Force on Petroleum and Illegal Bunkering (IGP-STFPIB) in the late hours of August 7, 2022, successfully busted an illegal petroleum refining operation in Edo State. This follows the interception of intelligence on activities of an alleged illicit petroleum products refining syndicate operating adjacent to Agbor Junction, Benin City, Edo State  via a whistle blower through the recently created Nigeria National Petroleum Company's (NNPC) Command and Control Centre Portal. 

Consequent to the raid on the illegal petroleum refining site, three (3) empty DAF Trucks, thirty-one (31) immobile surface tanks – 7 of which were loaded with unspecified quantity of petroleum products, were discovered by the Police. Additionally, two suspects,  one Chinedu Iyanabor aged 18 and Sunday Iyagbesun aged 52, were arrested during the raid. Preliminary investigations reveal the site was also used as a dumpsite for petroleum products. 

The Inspector-General of Police has tasked special enforcement units on prevention of activities of economic saboteurs to ensure deployment of necessary manpower and other operational assets to ensure a total clampdown on criminal activities detriment to the economic growth of the nation. The IGP has similarly supervised the strengthening of the Unit with a charge to intensify efforts, in conjunction with local police officers, to sustain police approved operational standards in tackling economic sabotage, crimes and criminality in the country. He equally charged the Assistant Commissioner of Police in charge of the Unit to embark on strict supervision of the Unit in compliance with the directives. 

All suspects will be charged to court upon conclusion of investigations. 

CSP OLUMUYIWA ADEJOBI, mnipr, mipra
Force Public Relations Officer, 
Force Headquarters, 
Abuja.

September 11, 2022.
More photos below. 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

INNOSON GIVES OUT BRAND NEW IVM G5 AND SALARY FOR LIFE TO THE MAN WHO PROPHESIED ABOUT HIS VEHICLE MANUFACTURING IN 1979.(PHOTO).

SHAKIRA COVERS WOMEN'S HEALTH MAGAZINE,APRIL ISSUE.

TINUBU ANNOUNCES ARRIVAL OF 4 U.S ATTACK HELICOPTERS. (PHOTO).