LEGENDARY ACTOR MANOJ KUMAR DIES AT 87: ‘ROTI KAPADA AUR MAKAAN’ DIRECTOR BREATHES HIS LAST IN MUMBAI. (PHOTOS).

Image
 Legendary actor Manoj Kumar dies at 87: ‘Roti Kapada Aur Makaan’ director breathes his last in Mumbai Manoj Kumar, the Bollywood actor and filmmaker, renowned for his patriotic films, passed away at the age of 87 at Mumbai's Kokilaben Dhirubhai Ambani Hospital. The cause of his death was identified as cardiogenic shock due to acute myocardial infarction, according to medical reports. The medical reports confirmed that apart from a severe heart attack that took away his life, Manoj had been battling decompensated liver cirrhosis for the past few months, ANI reported. Following deteriorating health condition, he was admitted to the hospital on February 21, 2025. Popularly known as ‘Bharat Kumar,’ Manoj Kumar was an exceptional director and actor who was honoured with National Film Award. He also received the Padma Shri in 1992 and Dadasaheb Phalke Award in 2015, which is the highest award in field of Indian cinema presented annually by the Government of India to recognise outstandin...

EAC AND SADC MULL DEPLOYMENT OF JOINT FORCE TO JOINT FORCE TO DRC. (PHOTO).


 EAC and SADC mull deployment of joint force to DRC


Eastern and Southern African countries are looking into the possibility of deploying troops to secure areas of eastern Democratic Republic of Congo now under M23 rebel control, according to a document seen by Reuters on Tuesday.


The EAC and SADC regional blocs have previously called for a ceasefire in the war in the mineral-rich region, which DR Congo's prime minister said this week had killed around 7,000 people since January.


The document seen by Reuters detailed recommendations to defence chiefs after a meeting of technical experts in Tanzania on February 23.


The defence chiefs are expected to prepare a report that will be discussed this coming weekend.


'A proposal'


The document says the blocs are considering seeking a mandate, along with unspecified forces from the African Union, to secure M23-controlled areas in North and South Kivu provinces, and that the UN peacekeeping mission MONUSCO could also be asked to beef up its presence in the region.


"It is a proposal; we have not yet been notified," an African Union source said, adding that any AU participation would need to be approved by its Peace and Security Council.


The Rwandan-backed rebels have captured its two biggest cities, Goma and Bukavu, and the airports that service them, cutting off the main supply routes for aid to hundreds of thousands of displaced people.


To improve the provision of humanitarian assistance, help repatriate the deceased and evacuate the injured, the two blocs' experts suggest negotiating with M23 to reopen the routes and Goma airport.


Rwanda denies backing M23


The document said the status of the Southern African bloc's mission to DR Congo, known as SAMIDRC, needed to be discussed with parties to the conflict.


The 16-member Southern African Development Community (SADC), which extended its military mission in DR Congo late last year to help the Congolese army fight the rebels, has suffered losses since the start of 2025.


Rwanda denies allegations that it provides arms and troops to M23, the latest in a long line of ethnic Tutsi-led rebel movements to emerge in DR Congo's east. It says it is defending itself against the threat from a Hutu militia which it says is fighting alongside the Congolese military.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

INNOSON GIVES OUT BRAND NEW IVM G5 AND SALARY FOR LIFE TO THE MAN WHO PROPHESIED ABOUT HIS VEHICLE MANUFACTURING IN 1979.(PHOTO).

SHAKIRA COVERS WOMEN'S HEALTH MAGAZINE,APRIL ISSUE.

ACTOR BABA IJESHA APPEALS FIVE-YEAR JAIL SENTENCE FOR SEXUAL ASSAULT. (PHOTO).