BALA MOHAMMED'S CANDOR: A LESSON IN STATESMANSHIP FOR THE SOUR GRAPES OPPOSITION- BY OKOI OBONO-OBLA. (PHOTO). #PRESS RELEASE

Image
 BALA MOHAMMED'S CANDOR: A LESSON IN STATESMANSHIP FOR THE SOUR GRAPES OPPOSITION By Okoi Obono-Obla  Governor Bala Mohammed of Bauchi State deserves unreserved commendation for his rare candour and statesmanship. In an era where opposition politics in Nigeria has been reduced to perpetual wailing, cynicism and playing to the gallery, Bala Mohammed has risen above partisanship to speak truth to power in the most patriotic sense. Despite being the National Leader of the Allied Peoples Movement (APM) and a key pillar of his party's presidential ticket, Governor Mohammed did what very few Nigerian politicians dare to do: he publicly appreciated President Bola Ahmed Tinubu for his bold, courageous and transformative reform agenda. This is leadership. This is maturity. This is putting Nigeria first. President Tinubu has done what others feared to do. He has brought a semblance of order and transparency to the opaque, previously cabal-infested oil and gas sector. Where subsidy fraud...

I USED TO BORROW SIKIRATU SINDODO'S CLOTHES- FUNKE AKINDELE RECOUNTS HUMBLE BEGINNINGS. (PHOTO).

 


I used to borrow Sikiratu Sindodo’s clothes – Funke Akindele recounts humble beginnings


Famous Nollywood actress, Funke Akindele has admitted to borrowing clothing from her colleague, Sikiratu Sindodo on film sets.

Funke said this when discussing the hurdles she encountered before her career debut.


The actress, who is now on holiday in Ghana with Eniola Badmus and content creator Kamo, said she intends to utilize her career problems to inspire people.

In a viral video shared on her Snapchat, Akindele acknowledged the massive roles her colleagues, Sikiratu Sindodo and Iyabo Ojo, played in her rise.

Recounting her humble beginnings during a conversation with her best friend, Eniola Badmus, she stated, “They didn’t give us any roles. One of those men, I just keep looking at him, but I won’t mention his name.

“I remember back then when I used to borrow dresses from Tayo Sindodo. Sindodo would help me choose nice ones from her tops if I was going to a movie set.

“There was a day when Sindodo saw me carrying a bag after I wasn’t given a role, and she went to meet Uncle Abbey to fight for me. Iyabo Ojo was lucky and very nice to us.

“Iyabo would say, ‘Don’t worry,’ and she would drive us around in her small red car. We found solace in one another. That’s how we became friends. Iyabo used to stand up and fight for me.”

“I remember back then when I used to borrow dresses from Tayo Sindodo. Sindodo would help me choose nice ones from her tops if I was going to a movie set.

“There was a day when Sindodo saw me carrying a bag after I wasn’t given a role, and she went to meet Uncle Abbey to fight for me. Iyabo Ojo was lucky and very nice to us.

“Iyabo would say, ‘Don’t worry,’ and she would drive us around in her small red car. We found solace in one another. That’s how we became friends. Iyabo used to stand up and fight for me.”


Funke Akindele said she hopes her story will inspire others going through tough times in their careers.


Funke recently made headlines after being crowned the highest-grossing lead actress on the Nigeria Box Office ranking for 2024, thanks to her blockbuster movie, Everyone Loves Jenifa, which reportedly earned an impressive #1.125 billion.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

THE NEW OONI OF ILE-IFE,WILL NOT EAT THE HEART OF THE LATE OONI-PALACE CHIEFS.

INNOSON GIVES OUT BRAND NEW IVM G5 AND SALARY FOR LIFE TO THE MAN WHO PROPHESIED ABOUT HIS VEHICLE MANUFACTURING IN 1979.(PHOTO).

SHAKIRA COVERS WOMEN'S HEALTH MAGAZINE,APRIL ISSUE.