GUINEA-BISSAU STOPS VACCINE STUDY FUNDED BY TRUMP ADMINISTRATION. (PHOTO).

Image
 Guinea-Bissau stops vaccine study funded by Trump administration Guinea-Bissau's foreign minister has said his government has stopped a study funded by the Trump administration aiming to evaluate side effects of the life-saving hepatitis B vaccine, including any links to autism. The West African country, one of the region's poorest, has high rates of hepatitis B, and the prospective study had drawn an outcry from scientists and international health bodies because only half the newborns in the trial would get the vaccine at birth. World Health Organization Director-General Tedros Ghebreyesus said it was not ethical. Guinea-Bissau last month suspended the trial pending an ethical review. Critics had said it was being used to test theories linking vaccines to autism, long promoted by U.S. Health Secretary Robert F. Kennedy Jr but contradicted by scientific evidence. Foreign Minister Joao Bernardo Vieira said in an interview on Tuesday that the study had been closed, citing concer...

UPDATE ON POLICE INVESTIGATION INTO THE DEATH OF ASC OGAR JUMBO.{PHOTO}.#PRESS RELEASE.

Image result for ogar jumbo
       In keeping with the assurances by the Inspector General of Police, Ag. IGP M.A. Adamu, NPM, mni to ensure a transparent, accountable, comprehensive and speedy investigation into the circumstances surrounding the death of the late ASC Ogar Jumbo, an Assistant Superintendent of the Nigerian Security and Civil Defence Corps (NSCDC), the Nigeria Police have today arraigned in Court the two (2) Traffic Wardens – TW GII Idoko Sunday and TW GII Katdel Dabit for complicity in the unfortunate death of the NSCDC Officer.
The arraignment of the erstwhile Traffic Wardens is sequel to the outcome of investigation into the case of alleged discreditable conduct and unlawful exercise of authority reported against them on 20th March, 2019. The former Traffic Wardens had earlier been subjected to the internal disciplinary procedures of the Force – tried in an Orderly Room, and dismissed before the arraignment. Police investigations positively indicted them for assault and excessive use of force on the deceased after his arrest.
Forensic Analysis by a pathologist as seen in the autopsy report clearly traced the cause of death to injuries inflicted on the deceased during his encounter with the Traffic Wardens.
​For avoidance of doubt, the autopsy report states in part that the death;
i. was due to blunt force injury to the head
ii. multiple skin and soft tissue injuries on the fore head and face, and that
iii. there was no natural disease in the body to sufficiently explain the sudden death
While the Force deeply regrets the unfortunate incident which resulted in the death of ASC Ogar Jumbo, the IGP enjoins the Public not to lose faith in the Force, reiterating his earlier assurances that, under his watch, no form of impunity or “man’s inhumanity to man” will go unpunished. He therefore warns that like these indicted traffic wardens, any Police Officer found wanting for unlawful use of Force and other sundry offences, will be publicly named, shamed and brought to book to serve as deterrent to others.
Meanwhile, the two erstwhile Traffic Wardens have been remanded in Kuje Prisons pending the next adjournment of the case.
DCP FRANK MBA
FORCE PUBLIC RELATIONS OFFICER
FORCE HEADQUARTERS
ABUJA.
Image result for ogar jumbo

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

INNOSON GIVES OUT BRAND NEW IVM G5 AND SALARY FOR LIFE TO THE MAN WHO PROPHESIED ABOUT HIS VEHICLE MANUFACTURING IN 1979.(PHOTO).

SHAKIRA COVERS WOMEN'S HEALTH MAGAZINE,APRIL ISSUE.

TINUBU ANNOUNCES ARRIVAL OF 4 U.S ATTACK HELICOPTERS. (PHOTO).