ATIKU APOLOGIZES TO NIGERIAN TEACHERS, CITING 'FAILED LEADERSHIP' AMID ECONOMIC HARDSHIP. (PHOTO).

Image
 Atiku Apologizes to Nigerian Teachers, Citing 'Failed Leadership' Amid Economic Hardship Abuja, Nigeria - Former Vice President and Presidential Candidate of the African Democratic Congress, Atiku Abubakar, has issued a heartfelt apology to Nigerian teachers, attributing their current economic plight to what he described as the 'failed leadership' of the nation. In a statement released on Monday by his spokesperson, Abubakar expressed deep concern over the escalating cost of living, which he stated is severely hindering teachers' ability to provide for their families and effectively carry out their crucial educational duties. Abubakar, a staunch advocate for education, took a moment to laud the immense sacrifices made by Nigerian educators. Reflecting on his own formative years, he shared a personal connection to the teaching profession. "Of course, I appreciate Nigerian teachers. I am a product of their work and the education I received in their classrooms,...

I WAS HUNGRY-MAN TELLS COURT WHY HE STOLE TUBERS OF YAM. (PHOTO ).


 I was hungry – Man tells court why he stole tubers of yam


An unemployed man, Cletus Gandu, 40, on Wednesday confessed that he stole two tubers of yam because he was hungry.


The Nigeria Security and Civil Defence Corps, NSCDC charged Gandu with criminal trespass and theft.


Gandu told the Magistrates’ Court in Kafanchan, Kaduna State that “hunger pushed me to steal yam on two occasions. I beg for leniency.”


The presiding judge, Michael Bawa, reserved sentencing until Aug.6, following the defendant’s guilty plea.


Bawa ordered that he should be remanded.


Earlier, the NSCDC Prosecutor, Mr Marcus Audu told the court that the complainant, Alice Daniel reported the matter at the corp’s office in Kafanchan on July 15.


Audu alleged that the defendant stole the yams from the complainant’s farm in Zonkwa on two occasions.


He said that the offence contravened the provisions of sections 327 and 270 of the Kaduna State Penal Code Law.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

THE NEW OONI OF ILE-IFE,WILL NOT EAT THE HEART OF THE LATE OONI-PALACE CHIEFS.

INNOSON GIVES OUT BRAND NEW IVM G5 AND SALARY FOR LIFE TO THE MAN WHO PROPHESIED ABOUT HIS VEHICLE MANUFACTURING IN 1979.(PHOTO).

SHAKIRA COVERS WOMEN'S HEALTH MAGAZINE,APRIL ISSUE.