GUINEA-BISSAU STOPS VACCINE STUDY FUNDED BY TRUMP ADMINISTRATION. (PHOTO).

Image
 Guinea-Bissau stops vaccine study funded by Trump administration Guinea-Bissau's foreign minister has said his government has stopped a study funded by the Trump administration aiming to evaluate side effects of the life-saving hepatitis B vaccine, including any links to autism. The West African country, one of the region's poorest, has high rates of hepatitis B, and the prospective study had drawn an outcry from scientists and international health bodies because only half the newborns in the trial would get the vaccine at birth. World Health Organization Director-General Tedros Ghebreyesus said it was not ethical. Guinea-Bissau last month suspended the trial pending an ethical review. Critics had said it was being used to test theories linking vaccines to autism, long promoted by U.S. Health Secretary Robert F. Kennedy Jr but contradicted by scientific evidence. Foreign Minister Joao Bernardo Vieira said in an interview on Tuesday that the study had been closed, citing concer...

1 DEAD , 10 INJURED IN KADUNA EXPLOSION. (PHOTO).


1 Dead, 10 Injured In Kaduna Explosion 

Kaduna State government has confirmed an explosion in Giwa Local government of area of the state which led to the death of one person while about ten others injured.

In a statement by the Overseeing Commissioner for Internal Security and Home Affairs, Samuel Aruwan, the State Government has received reports from security agencies of an explosion in the Kidandan area of Giwa Local government.

The statement explains that preliminary reports from the traditional institution and security agencies indicate that one of the pupils learning under a local cleric picked up an object from the bush, which later exploded amidst his fellow pupils.

It states that Governor Uba Sani received the report with shock and sadness, and also commiserates with the victims and their families. While praying for the repose of the soul of the deceased, and a quick recovery for the wounded.

He further appealed to parents and community leaders to increase their vigilance on the activities of their children and wards, given their susceptibility to various dangers.

The Governor has directed the Ministry of Internal Security and Home Affairs to liaise with security agencies for an urgent investigation into the cause of the explosion, to ensure the safety of residents, mobilize emergency support and ensure prompt medical attention to victims.


 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

INNOSON GIVES OUT BRAND NEW IVM G5 AND SALARY FOR LIFE TO THE MAN WHO PROPHESIED ABOUT HIS VEHICLE MANUFACTURING IN 1979.(PHOTO).

SHAKIRA COVERS WOMEN'S HEALTH MAGAZINE,APRIL ISSUE.

TINUBU ANNOUNCES ARRIVAL OF 4 U.S ATTACK HELICOPTERS. (PHOTO).