MAN BAGS EIGHT YEARS IMPRISONMENT FOR N132M MONEY LAUNDERING IN LAGOS . (PHOTO). #PRESS RELEASE

Image
 Man Bags  Eight Years Imprisonment for N132m Money Laundering in Lagos  The Lagos Zonal Directorate 1 of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) has secured the conviction of Onatayo Pelumi for money laundering involving funds totalling about ₦132 million. Pelumi was convicted by Justice Osiagor of the Federal High Court, Lagos, on five counts bordering on the retention of proceeds of unlawful activities in bank accounts domiciled with Guaranty Trust Bank (GTBank) and Zenith Bank. The charges alleged that the convict retained various sums of money in the accounts between January 2023 and June 2026, knowing that the funds formed part of the proceeds of unlawful activities. The court sentenced him to three years’ imprisonment, with an option of a ₦300,000 fine, on count One. On counts two, three, four and five, he was sentenced to five years’ imprisonment on each count, with an option of a ₦300,000 fine on each count. The terms of imprisonment are to run concur...

WHY I BECAME A CARE GIVER AFTER I LEFT ACTING- RITA DOMINIC REVEALS. (PHOTO).


 Why I became a care giver after I left acting — Rita Dominic reveals 


Veteran Nollywood actress Rita Dominic has revealed the reason behind her temporary departure from the industry to work as a care worker in London.


Speaking during a Women of Valour Conference held in Accra, Ghana, she stated that she left acting due to a period she considered "dark in my life."


She, however, remarked that she began to find fulfilment and a reason for living when she began working as a carer.


She said, “In 2001/2002 I stopped acting. I left the [movie] industry and moved to London because it was a very dark period in my life. I fell out with some friends I considered family. And I just gave up acting for a while. I needed to get out of that space for a minute.


“And then I moved to London and gave up stardom. You won’t believe this.


”I’ve never told people before. While in London, I was trying to make ends meet so I started working in a care home as a caregiver for adults with special needs. While some might view it as a step-down, I don’t. Taking care of others brought me joy and purpose at a time

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

THE NEW OONI OF ILE-IFE,WILL NOT EAT THE HEART OF THE LATE OONI-PALACE CHIEFS.

INNOSON GIVES OUT BRAND NEW IVM G5 AND SALARY FOR LIFE TO THE MAN WHO PROPHESIED ABOUT HIS VEHICLE MANUFACTURING IN 1979.(PHOTO).

SHAKIRA COVERS WOMEN'S HEALTH MAGAZINE,APRIL ISSUE.