GUINEA-BISSAU STOPS VACCINE STUDY FUNDED BY TRUMP ADMINISTRATION. (PHOTO).

Image
 Guinea-Bissau stops vaccine study funded by Trump administration Guinea-Bissau's foreign minister has said his government has stopped a study funded by the Trump administration aiming to evaluate side effects of the life-saving hepatitis B vaccine, including any links to autism. The West African country, one of the region's poorest, has high rates of hepatitis B, and the prospective study had drawn an outcry from scientists and international health bodies because only half the newborns in the trial would get the vaccine at birth. World Health Organization Director-General Tedros Ghebreyesus said it was not ethical. Guinea-Bissau last month suspended the trial pending an ethical review. Critics had said it was being used to test theories linking vaccines to autism, long promoted by U.S. Health Secretary Robert F. Kennedy Jr but contradicted by scientific evidence. Foreign Minister Joao Bernardo Vieira said in an interview on Tuesday that the study had been closed, citing concer...

SEVEN DEAD AS TRUCK CRASHES INTO VEHICLES ON LAGOS-IBADAN EXPRESSWAY. (PHOTO).


 Seven dead as truck crashes into vehicles on Lagos-Ibadan expressway


The Federal Road Safety Corps, FRSC, has said seven persons lost their lives while four others were injured when a truck lost control and crashed into two other vehicles along the Lagos/ Ibadan expressway on Saturday morning

Ogun State Sector’s Route Commander and Chief Public Education Officer of the FRSC, Florence Okupe, confirmed the ghastly accident in a statement in Abeokuta, the state capital.

According to the statement, a total of 15 people comprising 13 male adults and two females were involved in the accident.

The statement indicated that those injured were three male adults and one female adult while the six male adults and one female adults lost their lives.

The FRSC spokesperson attributed the crash to excessive speed by the Mack truck driver, which led to loss of control and ramming into the other two vehicles.

“The injured victims were taken to Divine Touch Hospital and Glory Center Hospital Ibafo while the dead bodies were taken to Idera morgue Sagamu.

“The crash vehicles were towed off the road for free flow of traffic.

“The Sector Commander, Fasakin Akinwumi, visited the crash scene for further investigation as he sympathised with the families of the crash victims and enjoined them to contact FRSC IBAFO for more information”

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

INNOSON GIVES OUT BRAND NEW IVM G5 AND SALARY FOR LIFE TO THE MAN WHO PROPHESIED ABOUT HIS VEHICLE MANUFACTURING IN 1979.(PHOTO).

SHAKIRA COVERS WOMEN'S HEALTH MAGAZINE,APRIL ISSUE.

TINUBU ANNOUNCES ARRIVAL OF 4 U.S ATTACK HELICOPTERS. (PHOTO).