
According to a national news paper,Mr Ebun olu Adegbouruwa,the lawyer and human rights activist who was able to secure a court judgement declaring the collection of toll on the Lekki Ikoyi link bridge by the Governor Fashola administration as illegal,has sent an SOS message to Nigerians after his home was invaded by suspected assassins on Monday April 14,2014 at 3am.He said ''Armed men stormed my house at plot 1-3,Ebun olu Adegbouruwa lane,Itedo Lekki phase 1,Lagos.They were eight in number,they were well armed with shotgun.They scaled through my fence,tied my security man and driver,at my gate house.They asked if the compound belonged to Adegboruwa,if Adegboruwa had a mobile police guard,if Adegboruwa lived alone or had tenants,and whether my neighbour had policemen on patrol.They then started to demolish my window burglaries,they scaled upstairs to my terrace,to break into my living room upstairs,by which time i had already called for help,from the neighbours and from the police.Nigerians will recall that on march 27,2014,the Federal High court Lagos delivered judgement in my case with Lagos state that collection of toll fee on the Lekki Ikoyi bridge is illegal.It was just on Monday April 14,2014,that i argued against the request by Lagos state,to stay the execution of the said judgement,thus this is just a case of which crying yesterday and the child dying today.I believe that those who have vested interests in the continued collection of the illegal toll fee are at the bottom of my assassination attempt''.Nigerians what do you think?
Comments
Post a Comment