GUINEA-BISSAU STOPS VACCINE STUDY FUNDED BY TRUMP ADMINISTRATION. (PHOTO).

Image
 Guinea-Bissau stops vaccine study funded by Trump administration Guinea-Bissau's foreign minister has said his government has stopped a study funded by the Trump administration aiming to evaluate side effects of the life-saving hepatitis B vaccine, including any links to autism. The West African country, one of the region's poorest, has high rates of hepatitis B, and the prospective study had drawn an outcry from scientists and international health bodies because only half the newborns in the trial would get the vaccine at birth. World Health Organization Director-General Tedros Ghebreyesus said it was not ethical. Guinea-Bissau last month suspended the trial pending an ethical review. Critics had said it was being used to test theories linking vaccines to autism, long promoted by U.S. Health Secretary Robert F. Kennedy Jr but contradicted by scientific evidence. Foreign Minister Joao Bernardo Vieira said in an interview on Tuesday that the study had been closed, citing concer...

READ HOW THE GOVERNOR OF ANAMBRA STATE PERSONAL ASSISTANT,STOLE 500 PLOT OF LAND IN ANAMBRA STATE.

                       A personal assistant to Governor Willie Obiano of Anambra state,Mr Ekume Amaechi,has been charged to the Ogidi Magistrate court in Idemili North Local Government Area,following his alleged illegal acquisition of over 500 plots of land in the area.Ekume was also accused of selling ten plots of land in the area totaling the sum of N39million belonging to the family of Igwe Amobi the traditional ruler of the Ogidi community.The Personal Assistant to Obiano on Urban Development {Ekume} was charged to court along with one Mr Arinze Okonkwo,Sunday Nwoka and Madako Peter Obi by the state police command.Speaking with reporters in Ogidi,one of the Plaintiffs Chief Chibzor Amobi,alleged that the accsed persons had sold four plots of land at the cost of 15 million naira and another six plots of land at the cost of N24 million naira.According to the sit they were sued on a four count charges of breach of peace,misdemeanor and removing of land of beacons belonging to Chief Chibuzor Amobi and the entire Igwe Amobi family.When the matter was called for mention the accused persons were said not to have shown up in court,so the matter was adjourned to tomorrow Monday.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

INNOSON GIVES OUT BRAND NEW IVM G5 AND SALARY FOR LIFE TO THE MAN WHO PROPHESIED ABOUT HIS VEHICLE MANUFACTURING IN 1979.(PHOTO).

SHAKIRA COVERS WOMEN'S HEALTH MAGAZINE,APRIL ISSUE.

TINUBU ANNOUNCES ARRIVAL OF 4 U.S ATTACK HELICOPTERS. (PHOTO).