
Today thursday,the Group Managing Director {GMD},Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation {NNPC},Dr Joseph Dawha said the Port Harcourt Refinery might resume operation by July.Dawha said this while addressing newsmen after a tour of some filling stations in Abuja with some top management staff of the corporation.''When the refinery comes up stream in late June or early July we expect that it will rumn at least 80 percent installed capacity.It will give us a contribution of about five million litres of Premium Motor Spirit {PMS} on a daily basis.If the refineries were not in depth or in good state to process crude for maximum gain there was no need of sending crude to such refineries for processing.What we do is to fix them so that we can get the real value for products.We are satisfied with the level of work carried out so far at the Port Harcourt Refinery so that if we start processing crude now we will get value for the refined products.So there will not be distraction as it will be,if refineries were operating properly''.
Comments
Post a Comment