
According to a Senior Health Official in Liberia,it was confirmed today a second case of Ebola virus in Liberia,just a day after authorities said they had detected a new case of the deadly virus previously thought to have been eliminated from the West African country.The body of a 17 year old boy from Margibi county,a rural area outside of Monrovia,was confirmed to be positive for the virus on sunday and was buried the same day.It is not clear how he was infected and the information was not made public until yesterday tuesday.Mr Massaquoi said that tests were underway to establish whether there are further cases.Health Officials further said they isolated people who had contact with the teenager and are at risk of further infection.A message from the Twitter account of the Liberian Information Ministry said that two people from the teenager's home had been confirmed as Ebola positive.It was not immediately possible to verify that information,nor was it clear if that included the case cited by Massaquoi.One more picture below.
Comments
Post a Comment