EL-RUFAI’S FAMILY PROTESTS SSS DETENTION, ALLEGES TORTURE, MEDICAL NEGLECT. (PHOTOS).

Image
 El-Rufai’s Family Protests SSS Detention, Alleges Torture, Medical Neglect Former Kaduna State Governor Nasir Ahmad El-Rufai has continued to face controversy over his detention, as members of his family and supporters staged a protest in Abuja on Monday over his custody by the State Security Service (SSS). The demonstrators, which included Senator Lawal Adamu and close relatives of the former governor, accused security authorities of subjecting him to psychological pressure and denying him access to medical care despite existing court directives. Speaking outside the SSS facility, El-Rufai’s second wife, Asia, said the family had been living under fear due to what she described as persistent surveillance and security intimidation connected to the case. According to her, the tension increased after El-Rufai appeared before Justice Joyce Abdulmalik of the Federal High Court in Abuja, where he was granted bail before the matter was adjourned.  She alleged that despite prior arr...

AMBODE INAUGURATED A 5 MAN TRIBUNAL TODAY,TO INVESTIGATE THE MURDER OF TAJUDEEN DISU.

                       Today thursday,Lagos State Governor Akinwunmi Ambode,inaugurated a five man Tribunal of Enquiry to investigate the civil unrest in Ibeju Lekki area of the state on October 12,which led to the gruesome murder of the Managing Director of Lekki Worldwide Investment Limited,Alhaji Tajudeen Disu.Disu was reportedly killed while resolving a land dispute between members of Okunraye Community and some private companies embarking on various massive projects with the Lekki Free Trade Zone.The Governor,while inaugurating the Tribunal,said as a responsive and responsible government,it had become necessary for his administration to set up a Tribunal to investigate the remote cause of the unrest with the view to forestalling future re-occurrence.He said the unrest,if not properly managed and addressed,could lead to total breakdown of law and order,adding that the government was desirous of protecting the lives and property of the citizens.The Governor added that as a responsible government determined to enforce the rule of law,it is his duty to take firm and purposeful steps to inquire into the origin,factors and circumstances leading to the disturbances of the Lekki Free Trade Zone in order to forestall a re-occurrence.According to the Governor ''At a time when this government is attracting a lot of foreign investments and opening up the economy of our state,we cannot afford to have such disturbances.We will not tolerate any violent acts which disturb the security of lives and property in the state.Having sought advice from the Attorney General of the state,a Tribunal of Inquiry has been constituted to investigate the remote and immediate causes of this incident and other recommendations therein''.The Tribunal,which is made up of distinguished Nigerians,has retired Lagos State High Court Judge,Hon.Justice Adesuyi Olateru Olagbegi as Chairman,while members are Otunba Yemi Lawal,Property developer,Surv.Fuad Kassim,former Surveyor General of the Federation,and Hon.{Mrs} Rafeequat Onabamiro,former member of House of Representatives representing Badagry.A Chief State Cousel in the Lagos State Ministry of Justice,Mr.Adebayo Haroun is to serve as the Secretary of the Tribunal.More photos below.                                                                                                     

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SHAKIRA COVERS WOMEN'S HEALTH MAGAZINE,APRIL ISSUE.

THE NEW OONI OF ILE-IFE,WILL NOT EAT THE HEART OF THE LATE OONI-PALACE CHIEFS.

INNOSON GIVES OUT BRAND NEW IVM G5 AND SALARY FOR LIFE TO THE MAN WHO PROPHESIED ABOUT HIS VEHICLE MANUFACTURING IN 1979.(PHOTO).