
According to a deputy minister who said today sunday that South Africa plans to leave the International Criminal Court {ICC},as the government faces criticism for ignoring a court order to arrest Sudan's president earlier this year.Obed Bapela,deputy minister in the Presidency told reporters after a ruling party policy meeting that ''The ICC has lost its direction and the ruling African National Congress {ANC} wants to withdraw South Africa after following certain processes''.Sudanese President Omar Hassan al-Bashir,accused of genocide and war crimes,visited the country in June,but was allowed to leave despite a court order to detain him.Though the South African last week asked the ICC for more time to explain why it allowed this.But the ruling party this weekend resolved to leave the ICC,with Bapela saying powerful nations trample human rights and pursue selfish interest.One more photo below.
Comments
Post a Comment