
Today monday morning,according to the Deputy County Commissioner Julius Otieno said two people died while four others were injured after a bus travelling from Kenya's capital Nairobi to Mandera,northeast of the country was attacked by suspected Al-Shabaab militants.The 7am attack happened between Dabacity and Borehole II.Dabacity Town is between Elwak and Kotulo.''Initial reports indicate two people have died and three injured.Those injured are the driver and two passengers.The militants fled after the attack.Our team is on ground tracking down the attackers''.He refuted reports that the bus had been hijacked.He said the attackers asked the passengers to alight from the vehicle and attempted to seperate Muslims and non-Muslims.He further said that ''Thet were trying to identify who were Christians and were not.They told the non-Christians to return to the vehicle''.Mandera County Governor Ali Roba said the local passengers stood together with the non-locals refusing to separate and dared the attackers to either kill all of them or leave.
Comments
Post a Comment