CBN DEBUNKS FAKE NEWS ON NEW N5,000 AND N10,000 BANKNOTES.(PHOTO).

Image
  The Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) has dismissed a viral claim circulating on social media about the introduction of new ₦5,000 and ₦10,000 banknotes, labeling it as fake news. The claim, which included fabricated images of the supposed new denominations featuring Dr. Nnamdi Azikiwe and Chief Obafemi Awolowo, falsely stated that the new notes would enter circulation from May 1, 2025. In a statement on its verified Facebook account, the CBN clarified that the content is not from the bank and directed the public to its official website, (www.cbn.gov.ng), for authentic information. The bank warned against spreading misinformation regarding monetary policies and urged Nigerians to rely only on official statements from its verified channels. The CBN reaffirmed that any major policy decision, including the introduction of new banknotes, would be announced through its official platforms. The public is advised to remain cautious and verify financial information from credible sources befor...

BURKINA FASO ISSUED AN INTERNATIONAL WARRANT AGAINST EX-EXILED LEADER BLAISE COMPAORE.

                          It was reported today that Burkina Faso has issued an international warrant for ousted leader Blaise Compaore for his suspected role in the 1987 kiling of his former comrade,ex-president Thomas Sankara.According to a source,who spoke on condition of anonymity,told AFP that Compaore who is living in exil in the Ivory Coast,had been charged with an  ''attack'' and ''assassination''.Compaore was toppled from power by a popular uprising in October 2014 after ruling Burkina Faso with an iron fist for 27 years.Sankara,a revolutionary figure who is still a hero to many in West Africa,was killed on October 15 1987 during the coup that brough his friend and former comrade in arms Compaore to power.A police lab helping to investigate the killing of the former president yesterday monday said it had not managed to detect any of his DNA in the remains presumed to be his,according to a family lawyer.Remains believed to be those of Sankara and 12 former aides also killed during the coup were exhumed from a cementery in the capital Ouagadougou in May.At least five other people mostly former soldiers,have been charged in connection with Sankara's killing including General Gilbert Diendere,Compaore's former Chief of staff,who led a failed coup in September.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

INNOSON GIVES OUT BRAND NEW IVM G5 AND SALARY FOR LIFE TO THE MAN WHO PROPHESIED ABOUT HIS VEHICLE MANUFACTURING IN 1979.(PHOTO).

SHAKIRA COVERS WOMEN'S HEALTH MAGAZINE,APRIL ISSUE.

ACTOR BABA IJESHA APPEALS FIVE-YEAR JAIL SENTENCE FOR SEXUAL ASSAULT. (PHOTO).