GUINEA-BISSAU STOPS VACCINE STUDY FUNDED BY TRUMP ADMINISTRATION. (PHOTO).

Image
 Guinea-Bissau stops vaccine study funded by Trump administration Guinea-Bissau's foreign minister has said his government has stopped a study funded by the Trump administration aiming to evaluate side effects of the life-saving hepatitis B vaccine, including any links to autism. The West African country, one of the region's poorest, has high rates of hepatitis B, and the prospective study had drawn an outcry from scientists and international health bodies because only half the newborns in the trial would get the vaccine at birth. World Health Organization Director-General Tedros Ghebreyesus said it was not ethical. Guinea-Bissau last month suspended the trial pending an ethical review. Critics had said it was being used to test theories linking vaccines to autism, long promoted by U.S. Health Secretary Robert F. Kennedy Jr but contradicted by scientific evidence. Foreign Minister Joao Bernardo Vieira said in an interview on Tuesday that the study had been closed, citing concer...

2019 PRESIDENCY TICKET IS THE CAUSE OF PDP CRISIS-MODU SHERIFF.

                        According to the Nation,the presidential ticket of the peoples Democratic Party {PDP} for the 2019 elections is the main cause of the current crisis tearing the party apart,its embattled National Chairman Senator Ali Modu Sheriff said yesterday.Sheriff,who bared his mind in an interview with African Independent Television {AIT} accused Governor Nyesom Wike of Rivers State and a former Deputy National Chairman of PDP,Prince Uche Secondus,of plotting to hand the party's ticket to a prominent leader of the All Progreesives Congress {APC}.He said ''Wike and Secondus are working to give the party ticket in 2019 to a man in APC,a man that is not even bold enough to leave the APC and join us.He was in the PDP before.He was a founding father of the PDP.I dont have to mention him.Secondus himselff told me that he and Wike always meet this man to strategise plans on 2019.I told him that it is wrong.If the man is bold enough,let him come and join us now.They accused me of working for the APC,How? I have never played games like that.I had formed a party and was the BOT Chairman.I was a presidential candidate,three time senator,Minority Leader.Makarfi worked for the APC in 2015,Ben Obi was Atiku's Vice Presidential Cadidate,and Secondus and Wike are meeting an APC man regularly on how the party will be sold to him.Wike is full of arrogance and impunity.He is too small to pocket PDP.I will not allow him.There are people who can carry the flag within the party.PDP will not be sold''.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

INNOSON GIVES OUT BRAND NEW IVM G5 AND SALARY FOR LIFE TO THE MAN WHO PROPHESIED ABOUT HIS VEHICLE MANUFACTURING IN 1979.(PHOTO).

SHAKIRA COVERS WOMEN'S HEALTH MAGAZINE,APRIL ISSUE.

TINUBU ANNOUNCES ARRIVAL OF 4 U.S ATTACK HELICOPTERS. (PHOTO).