FG ANNOUNCES TEMPORARY CLOSURE OF OWERRI AIRPORT FOR RUNWAY REHABILITATION. (PHOTO).
FG ANNOUNCES TEMPORARY CLOSURE OF OWERRI AIRPORT FOR RUNWAY REHABILITATION The Minister of Aviation and Aerospace Development, Festus Keyamo, has announced the temporary closure of the Sam Mbakwe International Cargo Airport, Owerri, to allow for major runway rehabilitation works. A statement by the Minister says the closure has become necessary to improve safety and operational efficiency at the airport, ahead of the Christmas travel season. It adds that the rehabilitation project is a joint partnership between the Federal Government and the Imo State Government, and will involve repairs to deteriorated sections of the runway, treatment of surface cracks, filling of potholes, resurfacing, and extension works to accommodate larger aircraft. The Minister disclosed that he had earlier spoken with the Governor of Imo State, Senator Hope Uzodimma, who, along with other critical stakeholders in the South-East, agreed on the need for the temporary closure. The airport i...
According to sources,Wole Soyinka a Nigerian Nobel prize winner,who out of annoyance said he will tear his green card if Donald Trump wins,has now fulfilled his promise weeks after Trumps win.The 82 year old said today thurday on the sidelines of an education conference at the University of Johannesburg that ''I have already done it.I have disengaged {from the United States}.I have done what I said I would do.I had a horror of what is to come with Trump..I threw away the {green} card,and I have relocated,and I'm back to where I have always been'' {Nigeria}.It's useful in many ways.I wouldn't for one single moment discourage and Nigerians or anybody from acquiring a green card..but I have had enough of it,'' he said.Mmmmmmm.
Comments
Post a Comment