SUPREME COURT REMOVES JULIUS ABURE AS LABOUR PARTY CHAIRMAN. (PHOTO).

Image
  Supreme Court Removes Julius Abure as Labour Party Chairman The Supreme Court has nullified the decision of the Court of Appeal in Abuja that recognized Julius Abure as the National Chairman of the Labour Party. Delivering a unanimous verdict on Friday, a five-member panel of the apex court ruled that the Court of Appeal lacked jurisdiction to declare Abure as chairman, as the matter centered on internal party leadership—a subject courts are not permitted to adjudicate. The court also noted that Abure's tenure had already expired. The appeal, filed by Senator Esther Nenadi Usman and another, was upheld, while a cross-appeal by the Abure-led faction was dismissed for lacking merit. More details to follow.

LAGOS ALLAYS FEARS ON A BOMB ALLEGEDLY DROPPED IN A MANHOLE TODAY IN ONE OF THE STREETS IN AGEGE.{PHOTOS}.

Image may contain: 5 people, people standing                   The Lagos State Government today monday allayed fears of residents on suspected explosive substance which was allegedly dropped in a manhole in one of the streets in Agege area of the State,saying that the development was nothing to worry about.The development had led to residents scampering for safety following the bomb scare,but rising from the Monthly Security Council Meeting chaired by Governor Akinwunmi Ambode,the government urged the people to go about their normal businesses as the situation had been put under control.The State's Commissioner of Police,Mr Fatai Owoseni,who briefed journalists at the end of the meeting alongside service commanders of security formations and top government functionaries in the State,said security agencies responded swiftly to the development and found out that contrary to rumour the substance was just pieces of thrash dropped in th manhole.He said: ''Early this morning,we were alerted to a situation where it was reported that some passersby dropped something on the manholes in one of the streets at Agege which led to a bomb scare.The security operatives quickly responded; the bomb disposal unit also went there; those manholes were checked and it was found out that it was just thrash that were thrown into those manholes.We also seized the opportunity to do what is called sweeping of the environment to reassure members of the public that security operatives in the State are more alive to their responsibilities,and that once we get information on a timely basis,response will also be done in a swift manner to ensure that nothing untoward happened in Lagos''.One more photo below.
Image may contain: 3 people, people standing

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

INNOSON GIVES OUT BRAND NEW IVM G5 AND SALARY FOR LIFE TO THE MAN WHO PROPHESIED ABOUT HIS VEHICLE MANUFACTURING IN 1979.(PHOTO).

SHAKIRA COVERS WOMEN'S HEALTH MAGAZINE,APRIL ISSUE.

ACTOR BABA IJESHA APPEALS FIVE-YEAR JAIL SENTENCE FOR SEXUAL ASSAULT. (PHOTO).