GUINEA-BISSAU STOPS VACCINE STUDY FUNDED BY TRUMP ADMINISTRATION. (PHOTO).

Image
 Guinea-Bissau stops vaccine study funded by Trump administration Guinea-Bissau's foreign minister has said his government has stopped a study funded by the Trump administration aiming to evaluate side effects of the life-saving hepatitis B vaccine, including any links to autism. The West African country, one of the region's poorest, has high rates of hepatitis B, and the prospective study had drawn an outcry from scientists and international health bodies because only half the newborns in the trial would get the vaccine at birth. World Health Organization Director-General Tedros Ghebreyesus said it was not ethical. Guinea-Bissau last month suspended the trial pending an ethical review. Critics had said it was being used to test theories linking vaccines to autism, long promoted by U.S. Health Secretary Robert F. Kennedy Jr but contradicted by scientific evidence. Foreign Minister Joao Bernardo Vieira said in an interview on Tuesday that the study had been closed, citing concer...

BRT BUS ACCIDENT: LASG ARRAIGNS TRUCK DRIVER FOR RECKLESS DRIVING.{PHOTO}.#PRESS RELEASE.

Image result for brt bus accident in lagos
     The Lagos State Government, through the Directorate of Public Prosecutions (DPP), Ministry of Justice today arraigned the Dangote cement truck driver who was involved in the road accident that led to the death of four persons in Ikorodu.
A press release by the Ministry stated that the accused person, Mr. Sheriff Adebayo, was arraigned before Justice Sherifat Solebo of the Ikeja High Court on a four-count charge of involuntary manslaughter contrary to section 224 of the Criminal Law of Lagos.
The prosecuting team, led by Mr.Yaqub Oshoala of the DPP, accused the truck driver of dangerous and reckless driving, resulting in the collision with a BRT Bus with registration number LSR 228XS on the 27th of August, 2019, and consequently killing four passengers inside the vehicle.
The case was, however, adjoined till 26th of November, 2019.pending the determination of the application for bail filed by the defence lawyer.
Recall that a fully loaded Dangote Cement Company truck reportedly slid off the main carriageway to collide with a BRT bus on the dedicated lane at Majidun, Ikorodu road leaving four people dead while 58 others sustained different degrees of injury.
Image result for brt bus accident in lagos

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

INNOSON GIVES OUT BRAND NEW IVM G5 AND SALARY FOR LIFE TO THE MAN WHO PROPHESIED ABOUT HIS VEHICLE MANUFACTURING IN 1979.(PHOTO).

SHAKIRA COVERS WOMEN'S HEALTH MAGAZINE,APRIL ISSUE.

TINUBU ANNOUNCES ARRIVAL OF 4 U.S ATTACK HELICOPTERS. (PHOTO).