GUINEA-BISSAU STOPS VACCINE STUDY FUNDED BY TRUMP ADMINISTRATION. (PHOTO).

Image
 Guinea-Bissau stops vaccine study funded by Trump administration Guinea-Bissau's foreign minister has said his government has stopped a study funded by the Trump administration aiming to evaluate side effects of the life-saving hepatitis B vaccine, including any links to autism. The West African country, one of the region's poorest, has high rates of hepatitis B, and the prospective study had drawn an outcry from scientists and international health bodies because only half the newborns in the trial would get the vaccine at birth. World Health Organization Director-General Tedros Ghebreyesus said it was not ethical. Guinea-Bissau last month suspended the trial pending an ethical review. Critics had said it was being used to test theories linking vaccines to autism, long promoted by U.S. Health Secretary Robert F. Kennedy Jr but contradicted by scientific evidence. Foreign Minister Joao Bernardo Vieira said in an interview on Tuesday that the study had been closed, citing concer...

COURT JAILS 16 INTERNET FRAUDSTERS IN OGUN STATE.{PHOTOS}.#PRESS RELEASE.


     Justice Mohammed Abubakar of the Federal High Court sitting in Abeokuta, Ogun State, on Friday, June 5, 2020, jailed sixteen internet fraudsters for criminal impersonation and possession of documents containing false pretences.
The convicts, who are in their mid 20s, are: Ajibola Ibikunle; Victor Solomon Osahun; Adeniyi Afeez Adebayo; Enitan Babajide Ganiu, Ashore Gbogbo Ayo and Sobayo Oladapo.
Others are Odebode Abiola Jamiu; Dairo Emmanuel Olajide; Stephen Mathew; Hussain Abdulkabir; Ayanniyi Quadri Ayansegun; Ajibike Kehinde Segun; Ibironke Tomiwa Emmanuel; Agboola Olanrewanju Shakiru, Abdulrauf Adam Opeyemi and Akinlabi Royal Ebube.
They all pleaded guilty to one-count charge of impersonation separately filed against them by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC, Ibadan zonal office
After taking the pleas, prosecution counsel, Bashir Shamsuddeen, and Abdulrasheed Lanre Suleiman, had prayed the court to convict them accordingly, prompting the guilty verdict passed by the court.
Odebode was sentenced to two months imprisonment; Ajibola, Osahun, Adebayo, Enitan, Ashore, Matthew, Ajibike and Akinlabi were sentenced to three months jail each, while Ayanniyi, Sobayo, Ibironke and Abdulrauf bagged four months each.
Dairo and Abdulkabir were handed six months jail term each while Agboola was sentenced to eleven months imprisonment.
The convicts would forfeit all items recovered from them to the Federal Government of Nigeria, and also restitute sundry sums to their respective victims.More photos below.
Image may contain: 1 personImage may contain: 1 personImage may contain: 1 person, standingImage may contain: 1 personImage may contain: 1 person, standingImage may contain: 1 personImage may contain: 1 personImage may contain: 1 personImage may contain: 1 person

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

INNOSON GIVES OUT BRAND NEW IVM G5 AND SALARY FOR LIFE TO THE MAN WHO PROPHESIED ABOUT HIS VEHICLE MANUFACTURING IN 1979.(PHOTO).

SHAKIRA COVERS WOMEN'S HEALTH MAGAZINE,APRIL ISSUE.

TINUBU ANNOUNCES ARRIVAL OF 4 U.S ATTACK HELICOPTERS. (PHOTO).