GUINEA-BISSAU STOPS VACCINE STUDY FUNDED BY TRUMP ADMINISTRATION. (PHOTO).

Image
 Guinea-Bissau stops vaccine study funded by Trump administration Guinea-Bissau's foreign minister has said his government has stopped a study funded by the Trump administration aiming to evaluate side effects of the life-saving hepatitis B vaccine, including any links to autism. The West African country, one of the region's poorest, has high rates of hepatitis B, and the prospective study had drawn an outcry from scientists and international health bodies because only half the newborns in the trial would get the vaccine at birth. World Health Organization Director-General Tedros Ghebreyesus said it was not ethical. Guinea-Bissau last month suspended the trial pending an ethical review. Critics had said it was being used to test theories linking vaccines to autism, long promoted by U.S. Health Secretary Robert F. Kennedy Jr but contradicted by scientific evidence. Foreign Minister Joao Bernardo Vieira said in an interview on Tuesday that the study had been closed, citing concer...

GUNMEN BEHEAD EBUBE AGU PERSONNEL IN EBONYI STATE. (PHOTO).

Gunmen behead Ebube Agu personnel in Ebonyi State 



Sunday Nwafor, a member of the Ebube Agu security outfit in Ebonyi state, has been killed by gunmen.

The incident was said to have happened on Saturday in Ekpelu, Ikwo LGA of the state.
Confirming the incident to TheCable, Loveth Odah, spokesperson of the state police command, said the 30-year-old man was shot in his house before he was dragged out and beheaded.
Odeh said: “According to the wife, some people came to their house in the village and broke into the room.

“She overheard them telling the guy the ‘you left us in the bush to work with Ebube Agu where you are collecting N30,000′.
“She said she heard a gunshot. He was killed, dragged outside and beheaded.
“The commissioner of police condemned the inhumane act.

“He has vowed to do everything within the ambit of the law to ensure everyone directly or indirectly involved, are punished according to law.”
Odah added that two persons have been arrested in connection to the crime.
“Investigations are still ongoing to arrest the remaining perpetrators,” she said.

Source: The Cable
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

INNOSON GIVES OUT BRAND NEW IVM G5 AND SALARY FOR LIFE TO THE MAN WHO PROPHESIED ABOUT HIS VEHICLE MANUFACTURING IN 1979.(PHOTO).

SHAKIRA COVERS WOMEN'S HEALTH MAGAZINE,APRIL ISSUE.

TINUBU ANNOUNCES ARRIVAL OF 4 U.S ATTACK HELICOPTERS. (PHOTO).