BALA MOHAMMED'S CANDOR: A LESSON IN STATESMANSHIP FOR THE SOUR GRAPES OPPOSITION- BY OKOI OBONO-OBLA. (PHOTO). #PRESS RELEASE

Image
 BALA MOHAMMED'S CANDOR: A LESSON IN STATESMANSHIP FOR THE SOUR GRAPES OPPOSITION By Okoi Obono-Obla  Governor Bala Mohammed of Bauchi State deserves unreserved commendation for his rare candour and statesmanship. In an era where opposition politics in Nigeria has been reduced to perpetual wailing, cynicism and playing to the gallery, Bala Mohammed has risen above partisanship to speak truth to power in the most patriotic sense. Despite being the National Leader of the Allied Peoples Movement (APM) and a key pillar of his party's presidential ticket, Governor Mohammed did what very few Nigerian politicians dare to do: he publicly appreciated President Bola Ahmed Tinubu for his bold, courageous and transformative reform agenda. This is leadership. This is maturity. This is putting Nigeria first. President Tinubu has done what others feared to do. He has brought a semblance of order and transparency to the opaque, previously cabal-infested oil and gas sector. Where subsidy fraud...

2023: MY GOVERNMENT WILL BOMB TERRORISTS DAILY- AMAECHI.(PHOTO).


Former Minister of Transportation and 2023 presidential aspirant under the All Progressives Congress (APC), Rt. Hon. Chibuike Rotimi Amaechi has said that if he becomes president, he will ensure that terrorists and their hideouts are bombarded daily until they disappear into thin air.

Amaechi recalled how he tamed under six months the menace of militants and other criminal elements in the State when he was elected governor of Rivers State.

Amechi said: “If you know Rivers State before I became the Governor, you will know there were serious cases of kidnappings and killings in the State that made oil companies move away, but in 6 months, I restored security.

"General Buratai (former Chief of Army Staff) was then a Brigade Commander, for six months I did not sleep. So I said, they too will not sleep. Until they left Rivers people to sleep, then me too, I started sleeping.

“That’s why anywhere I go for consultations with delegates, I go with Gen. Buratai and former Inspector General of Police, Abba Suleiman, who was the Commissioner of Police in Rivers State at the time and the former Chief of Air Staff, Sadique Abubakar who was Air Force commander in Rivers then. We were bombing them everyday until they ran away.”


 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

THE NEW OONI OF ILE-IFE,WILL NOT EAT THE HEART OF THE LATE OONI-PALACE CHIEFS.

INNOSON GIVES OUT BRAND NEW IVM G5 AND SALARY FOR LIFE TO THE MAN WHO PROPHESIED ABOUT HIS VEHICLE MANUFACTURING IN 1979.(PHOTO).

SHAKIRA COVERS WOMEN'S HEALTH MAGAZINE,APRIL ISSUE.