EMEFIELE: FINANCE MINISTRY UNAWARE OF N124.86BN CBN WITHDRAWAL, WITNESS TELLS COURT. (PHOTO). #PRESS RELEASE

Image
 Emefiele:  Finance Ministry Unaware of N124.86bn CBN Withdrawal,   Witness Tells Court   A Director in the Federal Ministry of Finance, Ali Mohammed, on Tuesday, October 6, 2026, told the Federal Capital Territory, FCT High Court sitting in Maitama, Abuja, that the Ministry was not aware of the withdrawal of N124.86 billion from the Central Bank of Nigeria, CBN.   Mohammed, who testified as the prosecution witness 10, PW10, in the ongoing trial of the former CBN Governor, Godwin Emefiele, disclosed this while being led in evidence by the prosecution counsel, Abbas Mohammed.   The witness said he appeared before the court because his Ministry received a letter from the investigation team concerning N154 billion said to have been withdrawn by the CBN.   Explaining his position and responsibilities in the Ministry, Mohammed said, “My Lord, the Department of Home Finance is made up of three functions based in three divisions, that is State and Public...

OKADA RIDER GETS N50,000 FOR RETURNING MISSING PHONE.(PHOTO).



OKADA RIDER GETS N50,000 FOR RETURNING MISSING PHONE



An Oyo-based okada rider, Tosin Adedokun, who found a missing mobile phone and returned it to its owner, one Siyanbola Akinkunmi, has got N50,000 cash as reward for his honesty.

In an interview with Saturday PUNCH, 28-year-old Adedokun had said he asked the phone owner to pray for him instead of giving monetary reward.

He later told our correspondent that Akinkunmi, who insisted on giving him a cash reward, later traced him to his church where his pastor was made to encourage him to collect the N50,000 cash gift.

He said, “That day, by the time I returned the phone, he tried to give me something, but I rejected it and I requested that he should just pray for me. He was surprised that he gave me something and I rejected it.

“Before I got home, he had made a Facebook post about what I did and solicited that the public should raise fund for me because of my honest deed.

“The following Sunday, he called me and asked if I would be in church and I said yes. He came to my church and he asked of me.

“He spoke to the reverend of my church and presented a cash of N50,000 to me. I was so surprised because I was not expecting what he did that day.”

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

THE NEW OONI OF ILE-IFE,WILL NOT EAT THE HEART OF THE LATE OONI-PALACE CHIEFS.

INNOSON GIVES OUT BRAND NEW IVM G5 AND SALARY FOR LIFE TO THE MAN WHO PROPHESIED ABOUT HIS VEHICLE MANUFACTURING IN 1979.(PHOTO).

SHAKIRA COVERS WOMEN'S HEALTH MAGAZINE,APRIL ISSUE.