PRESIDENT TINUBU MOURNS NAF PERSONNEL IN ONDO JET CRASH, ORDERS THOROUGH INVESTIGATION OF THE MISHAP. (PHOTO). #PRESS RELEASE.

Image
 STATEHOUSE PRESS STATEMENT PRESIDENT TINUBU MOURNS NAF PERSONNEL IN ONDO JET CRASH, ORDERS THOROUGH INVESTIGATION OF THE MISHAP   President Bola Tinubu has expressed profound sadness over the crash on Monday morning of a Nigerian Air Force ATR-42 jet near a naval base in the Igbokoda area of Ondo State.   The aircraft was on a routine mission from Benin to Lagos when the accident occurred.   The President extends his deepest condolences to the family of the 25 passengers and seven crew members involved, the Chief of the Air Staff, Air Marshal Sunday Kelvin Aneke, and all officers, airmen and airwomen of the Nigerian Air Force.   "This is a painful moment for our Armed Forces and for the entire nation. Our Air Force personnel put their lives on the line every day to secure Nigeria. Their sacrifice will never be forgotten."   “The Chief of Air Staff has briefed me, and I have directed the Nigerian Air Force to immediately commence a thorough investigation in...

EXCITEMENT AS 74 YEAR OLD KOGI MAN TAKES WIFE FOR THE FIRST TIME.(PHOTOS).



EXCITEMENT AS 74 YEAR OLD KOGI MAN TAKES WIFE FOR FIRST TIME




A 74 year-man in Kogi State, Muhammad Awal on Sunday broke decades streak of bachelorhood as he got married for the first time in an event that witnessed a mammoth crowd of well wishers in Lokoja, the state capital.

Awal who had given up, stated that he was destined to marry this late, got married according to Islamic rites to 45 year-old divorcee, Rahmat Muhammad.

To him, despite encouragement from family, friends and even some Islamic teachers that he should be brave and approach a lady he liked for marriage, he said his lack of financial capacity had held him back several times.

“I have always been afraid I might fail in my duty of care to a spouse if I married and it is something I fear and don’t want to joke with.

“I am also afraid of separation from my spouse. I know if I fail to take care of her, she might either leave me or cheat on me with another man, which I would not like. So, to avoid all of that, I dismissed the idea of marriage altogether. But now, Allah has made this a reality.”

On whether he has ever approached a woman to proposition marriage before, “I have. Many. This was when i was much younger. Many of them looked down on me, mostly because of my

Asked whether he would have long been married had his financial situation been different, he replied in the affirmative, even as he added that if God had designed it differently, it would still have not been possible.

On what attracted him to his new wife and whether he would sire children with her, he said, “Apart from the fact that she is beautiful, she is also down-to-earth, understanding, religious and rooted in the marital institution.

“Only Allah knows if we are going to have children. You never know what the Almighty can do. It is not in our hands, but His hands.”

In her reaction, the new wife also admitted that it was destined that they would end up as a couple and prayed Allah to accept their wishes towards each other.

On her choice of Mallam Awal, “why not him? she retorted. Allah has a reason for bringing us together and my prayers is for him to bless us and give us peace and understanding in our home.”. 
More photos below. 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

THE NEW OONI OF ILE-IFE,WILL NOT EAT THE HEART OF THE LATE OONI-PALACE CHIEFS.

INNOSON GIVES OUT BRAND NEW IVM G5 AND SALARY FOR LIFE TO THE MAN WHO PROPHESIED ABOUT HIS VEHICLE MANUFACTURING IN 1979.(PHOTO).

SHAKIRA COVERS WOMEN'S HEALTH MAGAZINE,APRIL ISSUE.