GUINEA-BISSAU STOPS VACCINE STUDY FUNDED BY TRUMP ADMINISTRATION. (PHOTO).

Image
 Guinea-Bissau stops vaccine study funded by Trump administration Guinea-Bissau's foreign minister has said his government has stopped a study funded by the Trump administration aiming to evaluate side effects of the life-saving hepatitis B vaccine, including any links to autism. The West African country, one of the region's poorest, has high rates of hepatitis B, and the prospective study had drawn an outcry from scientists and international health bodies because only half the newborns in the trial would get the vaccine at birth. World Health Organization Director-General Tedros Ghebreyesus said it was not ethical. Guinea-Bissau last month suspended the trial pending an ethical review. Critics had said it was being used to test theories linking vaccines to autism, long promoted by U.S. Health Secretary Robert F. Kennedy Jr but contradicted by scientific evidence. Foreign Minister Joao Bernardo Vieira said in an interview on Tuesday that the study had been closed, citing concer...

COURT ORDERS TWO WIVES TO BURY HUSABND AT THE BOUNDARY BETWEEN THEIR PROPERTIES AS THEY FIGHT OVER HIS DEAD BODY.(PHOTO).



Court Orders Two Wives To Bury Husband At The Boundary Between Their Properties As They Fight Over His Body


A family of two wives and 13 children has been ordered by a Thika Court in Kenya to bury their husband on a boundary between their two neighbouring parcels of land to avoid a looming family dispute.


The late prominent Kiambu businessman, Christopher Mbote, was supposed to be buried on Friday, January 27, 2023, before the second wife went to court to block the process. The first wife had already dug a grave on her property.


Chief Magistrate Stella Atambo also ordered that the grave should be dug equally from both sides of the land and that both parties should have ease in accessing the graveyard.


The second wife, Ann Njeri Mbote, went to court to stop the burial preparations, arguing that she has not been involved in preparations since the death of her husband with whom they had six children.


The family was also ordered to have a Title Deed of that particular piece of land bearing the names of the two wives with whom he had sired a total of 13 children.


"The Court orders that the deceased Christopher Mbote be buried on a parcel of land known as LR13537/101. That the place of burial shall be excised from the mother title and a separate title thereof shall be issued in the joint names of the two wives,” CM Atambo ordered.


Both wives, represented by their lawyers, agreed that the burial preparations will leave no party outside and that the deceased will be buried on February 3rd, 2023, as ordered by the court.


"We will do our best to make sure that these two families are at peace. We thank the judiciary for the mediation and we hope going forward, the family of Christopher will live together just the way he wanted.” Advocate Mungai Wainaina representing the second wife told Citizen Digital.


Mbote, 78, had sired seven children with his first wife, Margret Waithira and according to his family, he wished to be buried in his rural home in Gatundu. He died at a Nairobi hospital on Monday last week after a long illness.

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

INNOSON GIVES OUT BRAND NEW IVM G5 AND SALARY FOR LIFE TO THE MAN WHO PROPHESIED ABOUT HIS VEHICLE MANUFACTURING IN 1979.(PHOTO).

SHAKIRA COVERS WOMEN'S HEALTH MAGAZINE,APRIL ISSUE.

TINUBU ANNOUNCES ARRIVAL OF 4 U.S ATTACK HELICOPTERS. (PHOTO).