FREDDIE JACKSON, R&B LEGEND BEHIND “YOU ARE MY LADY” AND “ROCK ME TONIGHT,” DIES AT 70.(PHOTO).

Image
Freddie Jackson, R&B Legend Behind “You Are My Lady” and “Rock Me Tonight,” Dies at 70 R&B has lost one of its most unmistakable voices. Freddie Jackson, the singer whose smooth delivery helped define romantic R&B during the 1980s and gave generations of listeners songs including “You Are My Lady,” “Rock Me Tonight (For Old Times Sake)” and “Have You Ever Loved Somebody,” has died. He was 70. Jackson’s death was announced Tuesday, October 6, through his verified Instagram account. According to the memorial shared by his family and team, the singer died Monday night, October 5. The announcement did not disclose a cause of death. “It is with profound sadness and heavy hearts that we share the passing of our beloved Freddie Jackson,” the statement read, describing the singer as a generous soul who loved his fans, family, friends and music. The memorial graphic accompanying the announcement lists Jackson’s life as October 2, 1956 – October 5, 2026, meaning he died just three da...

I NEVER STOLE A KOBO FROM KADUNA COFFERS- EL-RUFAI. (PHOTO).




I Never Stole A Kobo From Kaduna Coffers - El-Rufai


Governor Nasir El-Rufai of Kaduna State has said he did not steal public funds during his two terms in office.


He said this at the weekend during his final media broadcast as governor.


Daily Trust reports that El-Rufai will hand over to Governor-elect Uba Sani, exactly a week from now.


“I can swear I never stole a kobo from the government coffers,” Governor El-Rufai said in reaction to criticism of his performance in office.


El-Rufai added that the only house he built before he became a governor was the same one he would retire to when his tenure expires on May 29, 2023.


He said, “But those that are the day we took loans, they should look, look at their money on the ground. We didn’t collect this loan and run away to Dubai to buy houses or go to Jabi Road to build a mansion so that we can sleep well, that is not how we are.


“I became governor of Kaduna with only one house on Danja Road at Ungwan Sarki. Now am finishing to the glory of God, that is the only house I have. I didn’t build any mansion, I don’t need it.


“I didn’t steal anybody’s money and I am challenging everyone that governed this state to also come out and swear with the Qur’an that, when they governed the state, they didn’t steal a kobo of Kaduna resource that is not their entitlement.”

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

THE NEW OONI OF ILE-IFE,WILL NOT EAT THE HEART OF THE LATE OONI-PALACE CHIEFS.

INNOSON GIVES OUT BRAND NEW IVM G5 AND SALARY FOR LIFE TO THE MAN WHO PROPHESIED ABOUT HIS VEHICLE MANUFACTURING IN 1979.(PHOTO).

SHAKIRA COVERS WOMEN'S HEALTH MAGAZINE,APRIL ISSUE.