ATIKU APOLOGIZES TO NIGERIAN TEACHERS, CITING 'FAILED LEADERSHIP' AMID ECONOMIC HARDSHIP. (PHOTO).

Image
 Atiku Apologizes to Nigerian Teachers, Citing 'Failed Leadership' Amid Economic Hardship Abuja, Nigeria - Former Vice President and Presidential Candidate of the African Democratic Congress, Atiku Abubakar, has issued a heartfelt apology to Nigerian teachers, attributing their current economic plight to what he described as the 'failed leadership' of the nation. In a statement released on Monday by his spokesperson, Abubakar expressed deep concern over the escalating cost of living, which he stated is severely hindering teachers' ability to provide for their families and effectively carry out their crucial educational duties. Abubakar, a staunch advocate for education, took a moment to laud the immense sacrifices made by Nigerian educators. Reflecting on his own formative years, he shared a personal connection to the teaching profession. "Of course, I appreciate Nigerian teachers. I am a product of their work and the education I received in their classrooms,...

HARRY MAGUIRE STRIPPED OF MAN UTD CAPTAINCY AFTER MEETING WITH TEN HAG.(PHOTO).


Harry Maguire stripped of Man Utd captaincy after meeting with Ten Hag

Harry Maguire has announced he is no longer captain of Manchester United following talks with manager Erik ten Hag.

Reports earlier this month suggested Ten Hag was set to remove the England international from the role following Maguire’s limited appearances under the Dutch boss last season.

The central defender made just eight Premier League starts, sparking speculation over his future with the English giants.

But what is now certain is he will no longer be the skipper at Old Trafford, with Maguire writing on Twitter: “After discussions with the manager today he has informed me he is changing captain.

“He outlined his reasons to me and whilst I’m personally extremely disappointed, I will continue to give my all every time I wear the shirt.”

The 30-year-old added: “So I wanted to say a massive thank you to the Manchester United fans for all their brilliant support whilst I’ve been wearing the armband.

“Since the day I took on the role, three-and-a-half years ago, it’s been a huge privilege to lead Manchester United and one of the proudest moments of my career to date.

“It’s one of the greatest honours in club football. I’ve done everything I possibly could to help United be successful — on and off the field.

“I will always be grateful to Ole Gunnar Solskjaer for first giving me the responsibility and I wish whoever now takes it on every success and they will have my full support.”

Bruno Fernandes was most frequently named captain in Maguire’s absence last season and the Portugal midfielder is the favourite to be given the role on a full-time basis.

Maguire has made over 170 appearances for United since being signed from Leicester for £80 million ($105 million, 93 million euros) in 2019.

But the past two seasons have seen Maguire become the butt of social media jokes following some high-profile errors on United duty, although he has remained an England regular under manager Gareth Southgate.

With the arrival of Argentina’s Lisandro Martinez having also restricted his first-team opportunities at Old Trafford last season, Maguire has been linked recently with a move to Premier League rivals West Ham.

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

THE NEW OONI OF ILE-IFE,WILL NOT EAT THE HEART OF THE LATE OONI-PALACE CHIEFS.

INNOSON GIVES OUT BRAND NEW IVM G5 AND SALARY FOR LIFE TO THE MAN WHO PROPHESIED ABOUT HIS VEHICLE MANUFACTURING IN 1979.(PHOTO).

SHAKIRA COVERS WOMEN'S HEALTH MAGAZINE,APRIL ISSUE.