GUINEA-BISSAU STOPS VACCINE STUDY FUNDED BY TRUMP ADMINISTRATION. (PHOTO).

Image
 Guinea-Bissau stops vaccine study funded by Trump administration Guinea-Bissau's foreign minister has said his government has stopped a study funded by the Trump administration aiming to evaluate side effects of the life-saving hepatitis B vaccine, including any links to autism. The West African country, one of the region's poorest, has high rates of hepatitis B, and the prospective study had drawn an outcry from scientists and international health bodies because only half the newborns in the trial would get the vaccine at birth. World Health Organization Director-General Tedros Ghebreyesus said it was not ethical. Guinea-Bissau last month suspended the trial pending an ethical review. Critics had said it was being used to test theories linking vaccines to autism, long promoted by U.S. Health Secretary Robert F. Kennedy Jr but contradicted by scientific evidence. Foreign Minister Joao Bernardo Vieira said in an interview on Tuesday that the study had been closed, citing concer...

ONDO SCHOOLGIRLS DEMAND N100K RANSOM FROM MOTHER AFTER FAKING THEIR OWN KIDNAP. (PHOTO).


Ondo schoolgirls demand ₦100k ransom from mother after faking their own kidnap

The Ondo State Security Network Agency, also known as Amotekun, has arrested no fewer than 28 people for their involvement in various crimes in some parts of the state.

Among the suspected criminals were two secondary school girls who were arrested by the men of the corps for allegedly faking their kidnap and demanding ransom from their mother.

Parading the suspects at the headquarters of the command in Akure the state capital, on Monday, the state Commander of the Corps, Akogun Adetunji Adeleye, said the two female pupils were 13 and 15 years of age. Both of them were said to be in JSS 1 and JSS 3.

According to the commander, the suspects hid somewhere at Oka-Akoko, Akoko South-West Local Government Area of the state, and called their mother, pretending to be kidnappers who abducted them and demanded a sum of N100,000.

Adeleye also stated that pretending to be kidnappers, the girls called and threatened the monarch of their town to pay the ransom within 24 hours or they would kill the abductees in their custody.

He said, “The 28 suspects we are parading today (Monday) shows that we have more kidnapping than any other criminal activities. This is in continuation of our efforts at ensuring that kidnapping in Ondo State becomes a thing of the past.

“We have people who kidnapped themselves and raised alarm and in our diligent investigations, we were able to unravel the mystery surrounding their disappearance to the extent that they have confessed.”

The Amotekun boss noted that the arrest of the suspects was in collaboration with the operatives of the Department of State Security as the telephone line being used by the girls was tracked to where they were.

Speaking, one of the girls, who confessed to the crime, said it was her elder sister that lured her to it.

The 13-year-old said, “On that day, my sister and I spent the night in our grandma’s place and left there around 6:00 am the following day. While on our way back home, my (elder) sister told me that she had a plan to get money from our mother.

“She then revealed her plan to declare ourselves kidnapped and asked for N50,000 each ransom from our mother. It was my sister who taught me what to say when they put a call through to my mother.

“When we called we didn’t know that it was the monarch that was speaking with us on the phone and we threatened to kill our victims in captivity if they failed to pay the ransom quickly.”

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

INNOSON GIVES OUT BRAND NEW IVM G5 AND SALARY FOR LIFE TO THE MAN WHO PROPHESIED ABOUT HIS VEHICLE MANUFACTURING IN 1979.(PHOTO).

SHAKIRA COVERS WOMEN'S HEALTH MAGAZINE,APRIL ISSUE.

TINUBU ANNOUNCES ARRIVAL OF 4 U.S ATTACK HELICOPTERS. (PHOTO).