FREDDIE JACKSON, R&B LEGEND BEHIND “YOU ARE MY LADY” AND “ROCK ME TONIGHT,” DIES AT 70.(PHOTO).

Image
Freddie Jackson, R&B Legend Behind “You Are My Lady” and “Rock Me Tonight,” Dies at 70 R&B has lost one of its most unmistakable voices. Freddie Jackson, the singer whose smooth delivery helped define romantic R&B during the 1980s and gave generations of listeners songs including “You Are My Lady,” “Rock Me Tonight (For Old Times Sake)” and “Have You Ever Loved Somebody,” has died. He was 70. Jackson’s death was announced Tuesday, October 6, through his verified Instagram account. According to the memorial shared by his family and team, the singer died Monday night, October 5. The announcement did not disclose a cause of death. “It is with profound sadness and heavy hearts that we share the passing of our beloved Freddie Jackson,” the statement read, describing the singer as a generous soul who loved his fans, family, friends and music. The memorial graphic accompanying the announcement lists Jackson’s life as October 2, 1956 – October 5, 2026, meaning he died just three da...

I WAS DIAGNOSED WITH LIFE-THREATENING INFECTION- TENI. (PHOTO).


I was diagnosed with life-threatening infection – Teni


Musician Teniola Apata, professionally known as Teni, has disclosed that she was diagnosed with a life-threatening throat infection in July.


Teni made this known in an Instagram post while narrating her ordeal with a throat infection and temporary voice loss.


In a now-trending video on social media, the singer explained that her doctor advised her to undergo surgery to avoid losing her voice permanently.


“While recording my second album ‘Tears of the Sun’ in July 2023, I was diagnosed with a life-threatening throat infection.


“After different bouts of temporary voice loss, my doctors advised me to undergo a major operation or risk permanent voice loss. I was hospitalised in September 2023 after repeated cases of exhaustion. I had lots of injectables in five days.


“October 2023, I mildly recovered my singing voice after seeking medical assistance despite not undergoing surgery. November 2023: I am fully back on stage. My new single ‘Malaika’ is my song of praise and thanksgiving to God for his mercy and grace,” she said.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

THE NEW OONI OF ILE-IFE,WILL NOT EAT THE HEART OF THE LATE OONI-PALACE CHIEFS.

INNOSON GIVES OUT BRAND NEW IVM G5 AND SALARY FOR LIFE TO THE MAN WHO PROPHESIED ABOUT HIS VEHICLE MANUFACTURING IN 1979.(PHOTO).

SHAKIRA COVERS WOMEN'S HEALTH MAGAZINE,APRIL ISSUE.