EL-RUFAI’S FAMILY PROTESTS SSS DETENTION, ALLEGES TORTURE, MEDICAL NEGLECT. (PHOTOS).

Image
 El-Rufai’s Family Protests SSS Detention, Alleges Torture, Medical Neglect Former Kaduna State Governor Nasir Ahmad El-Rufai has continued to face controversy over his detention, as members of his family and supporters staged a protest in Abuja on Monday over his custody by the State Security Service (SSS). The demonstrators, which included Senator Lawal Adamu and close relatives of the former governor, accused security authorities of subjecting him to psychological pressure and denying him access to medical care despite existing court directives. Speaking outside the SSS facility, El-Rufai’s second wife, Asia, said the family had been living under fear due to what she described as persistent surveillance and security intimidation connected to the case. According to her, the tension increased after El-Rufai appeared before Justice Joyce Abdulmalik of the Federal High Court in Abuja, where he was granted bail before the matter was adjourned.  She alleged that despite prior arr...

NLC SUBMITS 6 FRESH DEMANDS TO CALL OFF STRIKE. (PHOTO).




 NLC submits 6 fresh demands to call off strike


The Nigeria Labour Congress (NLC) has called for the arrest and prosecution of one Mr Chinasa Nwaneri, SA on Special Duties to Hope Uzodimma, Governor of Imo State.


According to the NLC, Mr Nwaneri led the “deadly gang of thugs” who assaulted NLC President, Joe Ajaero in Imo. This is part of six (6) fresh demands submitted by the Union to call off the ongoing industrial strike action.


The Union also called for the arrest, prosecution and dismissal of all police officers involved in the brutalization of the NLC President and workers in Imo state; and also the arrest and prosecution of all thugs involved in the brutal attack.


In posts shared via X, the NLC also called for the arrest, prosecution and dismissal of the Chief Security Officer of Imo State Government House, identified only as SP Shaba, who the Union said led, participated and provided cover for thugs to brutalize workers.


According to the posts, the Police Area Commander that led the brutalization of Mr Ajaero and other workers in the State should be arrested, prosecuted and dismissed and that the former Imo State Commissioner of Police, CP Ahmed Barde should be investigated and prosecuted as well.


“The brutalization and deadly attack on NLC President and other workers in Imo State is not a local issue but a national matter. The national police were involved.


“The federal police were fully involved in the brutalization of NLC President and other workers in Imo State. Imo State has no state police.


“The Imo State government in collaboration with federal police attacked and dehuminised the number one leader of Africa’s largest labour center,” the Union stated.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SHAKIRA COVERS WOMEN'S HEALTH MAGAZINE,APRIL ISSUE.

THE NEW OONI OF ILE-IFE,WILL NOT EAT THE HEART OF THE LATE OONI-PALACE CHIEFS.

INNOSON GIVES OUT BRAND NEW IVM G5 AND SALARY FOR LIFE TO THE MAN WHO PROPHESIED ABOUT HIS VEHICLE MANUFACTURING IN 1979.(PHOTO).