CHIEF OF NAVAL STAFF INAUGURATES COMMUNITY PROJECTS IN ORLU. (PHOTO).

Image
 CHIEF OF NAVAL STAFF INAUGURATES COMMUNITY PROJECTS IN ORLU The Chief of the Naval Staff, Vice Admiral Idi Abbas, has reconstructed the community civic hall and provided a ten-thousand-capacity water storage facility with a solar-powered industrial borehole for the people of Uzoubi-Umuna in Orlu Local Government Area of Imo State. Beatrice Anyiam reports that the projects were executed under the Special Intervention Quick Impact Project Scheme of the Navy. The reconstructed Okwu Owerre Civic Hall, popularly known as Obi Okonko, and the provision of a 10,000-capacity water storage facility with reticulation and a solar-powered industrial borehole for the people of Uzoubi-Umuna in Orlu Local Government Area of Imo State are part of the civil-military cooperation efforts of the Nigerian Navy. Inaugurating the facilities, the Chief of the Naval Staff, represented by the Chief of Accounts and Budget, Rear Admiral Omoyola Olukoya, affirmed that the Nigerian Navy recognises that meaningf...

MEN DON'T LIKE 'OVERLY SUCCESSFUL " WOMEN- INI EDO.(PHOTO).


Men don’t like ‘overly successful’ women – Ini Edo

Nollywood actress, Iniobong Edo has said some men see “overly successful” women as threats to their position as head of the home.

She said men prefer submissive women that they can “control.”

The thespian said, personally, she prefers to be a “queen,” stressing that she doesn’t like the idea of “lording over” a man.

Speaking in the latest episode of Toke Makinwa’s podcast, Edo said, “Some men are threatened by women’s strength. Because we can come off as if we are doing too much. First of all, you’re a woman, you’re beautiful, you’re here and there…

“Naturally, men want to see you [women] not so overly successful just so that they can pull you around, you can be the woman, cook and clean and do all the basic things that they’ve grown up to know is expected of women.

“So when you get too strong, it’s almost like you’re competing with their ego. But the truth is, like I always say, I like to be the queen. I’m not a woman who is looking to subdue any man or ride over any man.

“No matter how successful I get, I don’t think I would like to have a man that I am lording over. Then what is the beauty of it? I mean, the beauty of it is me walking beside my man and he giving me instructions and protecting me.”

She added that it is hard to find men who understand that successful women aren’t threats to their position as the head of the home.

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

THE NEW OONI OF ILE-IFE,WILL NOT EAT THE HEART OF THE LATE OONI-PALACE CHIEFS.

INNOSON GIVES OUT BRAND NEW IVM G5 AND SALARY FOR LIFE TO THE MAN WHO PROPHESIED ABOUT HIS VEHICLE MANUFACTURING IN 1979.(PHOTO).

SHAKIRA COVERS WOMEN'S HEALTH MAGAZINE,APRIL ISSUE.