ANAMBRA GOVT WARNS AGAINST PURCHASE OF ENCROACHED LAND AT TRANS-NKISSI. (PHOTO). #PRESS RELEASE.

Image
 Anambra Govt Warns Against Purchase of Encroached Land at Trans-Nkissi By MaryAnn Chukwuma The Anambra State Ministry of Lands has warned members of the public against purchasing plots at TransNkissi Phase 1, behind the Federal Government Girls College, Onitsha, from persons claiming ownership on behalf of the Umuosodi family of Onitsha. The warning was contained in a public notice dated Sept. 28, 2026, with Ref. No. PS/ML/2026/CR/VOL.II/028 and signed by the Permanent Secretary, Mrs Nkeiru Mokwe, for the Commissioner. According to the notice, the Ministry became aware that persons alleged to be members of the Umuosodi family had invaded and commenced clearing portions of the land with the intention of selling them to unsuspecting members of the public. It said compensatory plots had been allocated to the family and other families in Onitsha before the current administration. The Ministry added that the affected land had been lawfully allocated to various individuals and groups in...

'I WAS DISGUSTED TO SIGN FOR CHELSEA'- DROGBA. (PHOTO).


 ‘I was disgusted to sign for Chelsea’ — Drogba


Chelsea legend Didier Drogba has admitted he was “disgusted” to sign for the Premier League club.

During his trophy-laden time at Stamford Bridge, Drogba led the Blues to four Premier League titles, four FA Cups, the Champions League and three League Cups.

But the Ivorian has said he was not initially thrilled about joining the club.

Jose Mourinho famously opted for Drogba over Ronaldinho, persuading billionaire Roman Abramovich to sign him from Marseille in 2005.

Drogba was happy at the Ligue 1 side and didn’t want to leave. However, when a £24 million offer came in, he found himself heading to West London for a medical.

“I was disgusted. I realised that signing for Chelsea was disgusting. It’s hard to explain. It’s hard to understand because, most of all, people see the financial side or even the sporting side. But I simply wasn’t happy. I said to myself, ‘I couldn’t give a damn’ (that Marseille have accepted a bid). Maybe that’s going to shock supporters of Chelsea, but I didn’t want to leave.

“I even did some things that were almost absurd in order not to go to Chelsea, such as during the medical. Going to the hospital in Paris, I was praying they would find a problem with my knee or a problem with anything so the move would collapse,” he said in a 2007 documentary called ‘The Incredible Destiny of Didier Drogba’ in quotes carried by Daily Star Sport.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

THE NEW OONI OF ILE-IFE,WILL NOT EAT THE HEART OF THE LATE OONI-PALACE CHIEFS.

INNOSON GIVES OUT BRAND NEW IVM G5 AND SALARY FOR LIFE TO THE MAN WHO PROPHESIED ABOUT HIS VEHICLE MANUFACTURING IN 1979.(PHOTO).

SHAKIRA COVERS WOMEN'S HEALTH MAGAZINE,APRIL ISSUE.