A 23-YEAR-OLD NIGERIAN WOMAN IDENTIFIED AS OSARUGBE, HAS DIED IN LIBYA. AFRICAN BEAUTY PRODUCTS. (PHOTO).

Image
  A 23-year-old Nigerian woman identified as Osarugbe, has died in Libya. African beauty products   She passed away at about 11:33am on Friday, April 4, 2025 after battling illness.    Anti-human trafficking advocate, Yakubu Oyiza and her team had been raising money to bring her back to Nigeria for better medical treatment as hospitals in Libya rejected her.    According to Oyiza, documents for burial, autopsy, and land to bury her in Libya have been arranged, all costing approximately 350,000.   She alleged that the family abandoned her since she fell sick and had earlier refused to go to Kano and pick her up the day she was supposed to be brought back to Nigeria.    In a Facebook post on Saturday, April 5, Oyiza revealed that some family members of the deceased called them asking for Osasā€™ properties. African beauty products   ā€œSince yesterday that I called Osaā€™s family and told them their sister passed, they havenā€™t called me back to ...

N320M MONEY LAUNDERING CHARGE: YOU HAVE A CASE TO ANSWER- COURT TELLS REPS. (PHOTO).#PRESS RELEASE


EFCC PRESS RELEASE

N320m Money Laundering Charge: You Have a Case to Answer- Court Tells Reps

Justice F. Giwa Ogunbanjo of the Federal High Court sitting in Abuja, on Monday, January 22, 2024 told a member of the House of Representatives, Nicholas Mutu that he has a case to answer in an alleged N320 million money laundering case brought against him by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC.   

Mutu alongside Airworld Technologies Ltd and Oyien Homes, were dragged before the court by the EFCC on an amended 13 -count charge bordering on money laundering and gratification to the tune of N320m between August 2014 and August 2016. He was arraigned before the court while he was serving as the Chairman, House of Representativesā€™ Committee on the Niger Delta Development Commission, NDDC.
The prosecution, at the last adjourned date, closed its case after presenting four witnesses, while the defense made a no- case submission.

Justice Ogunbanjo while ruling on the no- case submission on Monday, January 22, 2024, told the defendant to enter his defence, ruling that the prosecution had presented sufficient evidence to establish a prima facie case against Mutu.

The EFCC counsel, Ekele Iheanacho, in his objection to the ā€˜no case submission' by the defense, argued that the money paid to the defendants by Starline Consultancy, a contractor to NDDC, was gratification.
Iheanacho further told the court that Mutu used his official position, as the chairman of the House Committee on NDDC, to influence the payment of money paid by the NDDC contractors, using Airworld Technologies Ltd.

After ruling that Mutu had a case to answer, Justice Ogunbanjo adjourned the case till February 21 and 22, 2024.



 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

INNOSON GIVES OUT BRAND NEW IVM G5 AND SALARY FOR LIFE TO THE MAN WHO PROPHESIED ABOUT HIS VEHICLE MANUFACTURING IN 1979.(PHOTO).

SHAKIRA COVERS WOMEN'S HEALTH MAGAZINE,APRIL ISSUE.

ACTOR BABA IJESHA APPEALS FIVE-YEAR JAIL SENTENCE FOR SEXUAL ASSAULT. (PHOTO).