FG ANNOUNCES TEMPORARY CLOSURE OF OWERRI AIRPORT FOR RUNWAY REHABILITATION. (PHOTO).

Image
 FG ANNOUNCES TEMPORARY CLOSURE OF OWERRI AIRPORT FOR RUNWAY REHABILITATION  The  Minister of Aviation and Aerospace Development, Festus Keyamo, has announced the temporary closure of the Sam Mbakwe International Cargo Airport, Owerri, to allow for major runway rehabilitation works. A statement by the  Minister says the closure has become necessary to improve safety and operational efficiency at the airport, ahead of the Christmas travel season. It adds that the rehabilitation project is a joint partnership between the Federal Government and the Imo State Government, and will involve repairs to deteriorated sections of the runway, treatment of surface cracks, filling of potholes, resurfacing, and extension works to accommodate larger aircraft. The Minister disclosed that he had earlier spoken with the Governor of Imo State, Senator Hope Uzodimma, who, along with other critical stakeholders in the South-East, agreed on the need for the temporary closure. The airport i...

EPL: THEY WERE NOT SO GOOD- EDEN HAZARD ON SNUBBING MAN UTD FOR CHELSEA. (PHOTO).


 EPL: They were not so good – Eden Hazard on snubbing Man Utd for Chelsea


Former Belgium captain, Eden Hazard, has revealed why he joined Chelsea despite initially having no interest in the club.


During his time at Stamford Bridge, Hazard scored 110 goals and laid on 92 assists in 352 games in seven seasons.


He won two Premier League titles, two Europa Leagues and the FA Cup.


But Hazard could have easily been playing for Manchester United instead in the Premier League.


“I had a chat with Sir Alex Ferguson [then Manchester United boss].


“I spoke with Harry Redknapp, at that time he was the manager of Tottenham. I went to Manchester to see the Man City training ground.


“So I had a few options, but not Chelsea because the last year in Lille, Chelsea in the league was not that good. You know when you [John Obi Mikel] won the Champions League, in the league you were like sixth or seventh, I don’t remember.


“I knew I was leaving France to go to the Premier League but not Chelsea, because I wanted to play in the Champions League, you know?


“So that move came because you won the Champions League,” Hazard said, speaking on The Obi One Podcast.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

THE NEW OONI OF ILE-IFE,WILL NOT EAT THE HEART OF THE LATE OONI-PALACE CHIEFS.

INNOSON GIVES OUT BRAND NEW IVM G5 AND SALARY FOR LIFE TO THE MAN WHO PROPHESIED ABOUT HIS VEHICLE MANUFACTURING IN 1979.(PHOTO).

SHAKIRA COVERS WOMEN'S HEALTH MAGAZINE,APRIL ISSUE.