BALA MOHAMMED'S CANDOR: A LESSON IN STATESMANSHIP FOR THE SOUR GRAPES OPPOSITION- BY OKOI OBONO-OBLA. (PHOTO). #PRESS RELEASE

Image
 BALA MOHAMMED'S CANDOR: A LESSON IN STATESMANSHIP FOR THE SOUR GRAPES OPPOSITION By Okoi Obono-Obla  Governor Bala Mohammed of Bauchi State deserves unreserved commendation for his rare candour and statesmanship. In an era where opposition politics in Nigeria has been reduced to perpetual wailing, cynicism and playing to the gallery, Bala Mohammed has risen above partisanship to speak truth to power in the most patriotic sense. Despite being the National Leader of the Allied Peoples Movement (APM) and a key pillar of his party's presidential ticket, Governor Mohammed did what very few Nigerian politicians dare to do: he publicly appreciated President Bola Ahmed Tinubu for his bold, courageous and transformative reform agenda. This is leadership. This is maturity. This is putting Nigeria first. President Tinubu has done what others feared to do. He has brought a semblance of order and transparency to the opaque, previously cabal-infested oil and gas sector. Where subsidy fraud...

NIGERIA VS IVORY COAST: I'LL TAKE ANOTHER PENALTY- SUPER EAGLES WING-BACK, OLA AINA. (PHOTO).


 Nigeria vs Ivory Coast: I’ll take another penalty – Super Eagles wing-back, Ola Aina


Super Eagles wing-back Ola Aina has said he would take another penalty for Nigeria if the opportunity comes again amid the ongoing 2023 Africa Cup of Nations.

Aina said this ahead of Nigeria’s AFCON final with Ivory Coast on Sunday.

Recall that the Nottingham Forest star missed his spot-kick during Nigeria’s AFCON semi-final win over South Africa.

The former Chelsea star has been an important player in Jose Peseiro’s side at the tournament.

Speaking with Oluwashina Olekeji of Planet Sports Football Africa, Aina said,

“Football is a roller coaster. I could put my money on it, I could put my house on it, I could put everything on it that I would’ve scored my penalty [against South Africa].

“Normally I back myself because I am very good at them. Someone had to miss unfortunately and it was me.

“The boys and Nwabali saved me and saved all of us and I am just grateful for that. You look forward and if it comes to it again [against Ivory Coast] I will be taking another one, but that is just me.”

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

THE NEW OONI OF ILE-IFE,WILL NOT EAT THE HEART OF THE LATE OONI-PALACE CHIEFS.

INNOSON GIVES OUT BRAND NEW IVM G5 AND SALARY FOR LIFE TO THE MAN WHO PROPHESIED ABOUT HIS VEHICLE MANUFACTURING IN 1979.(PHOTO).

SHAKIRA COVERS WOMEN'S HEALTH MAGAZINE,APRIL ISSUE.