BALA MOHAMMED'S CANDOR: A LESSON IN STATESMANSHIP FOR THE SOUR GRAPES OPPOSITION- BY OKOI OBONO-OBLA. (PHOTO). #PRESS RELEASE

Image
 BALA MOHAMMED'S CANDOR: A LESSON IN STATESMANSHIP FOR THE SOUR GRAPES OPPOSITION By Okoi Obono-Obla  Governor Bala Mohammed of Bauchi State deserves unreserved commendation for his rare candour and statesmanship. In an era where opposition politics in Nigeria has been reduced to perpetual wailing, cynicism and playing to the gallery, Bala Mohammed has risen above partisanship to speak truth to power in the most patriotic sense. Despite being the National Leader of the Allied Peoples Movement (APM) and a key pillar of his party's presidential ticket, Governor Mohammed did what very few Nigerian politicians dare to do: he publicly appreciated President Bola Ahmed Tinubu for his bold, courageous and transformative reform agenda. This is leadership. This is maturity. This is putting Nigeria first. President Tinubu has done what others feared to do. He has brought a semblance of order and transparency to the opaque, previously cabal-infested oil and gas sector. Where subsidy fraud...

"WHY WILL I CARRY A CHILD FOR NINE MONTHS AND SOMEONE ELSE GETS TO NAME IT"- LADY INSISTS MOTHERS SHOULD NAME BABIES. (PHOTO).


 “Why will I carry a child for nine months and someone else gets to name it” – Lady insists mothers should name babies


A young Nigerian lady argues the decision of a man or other family members deciding the names of babies other than mothers who carried the child for nine months.


In a video making the rounds on social media, a lady insisted on how inappropriate it is for relatives to have a voice on a newborn baby’s name.


Addressing the father of the child’s take on naming the baby, she added that it should be in agreement with the baby’s mother.


“I feel mothers should be the ones naming the child, even if the dad will name the child, it should be in agreement with the woman,” she captioned the video.


The post has since generated a wave of reactions from social media users who mostly disagreed with the lady, particularly the male users.


Reactions as lady argues mother should name babies


_sbentem231 said: “Everyone is entitled to their opinion, when you born your own, you can allow your village Eze Muo to name your child. No be quarrel.”


mrmoraks opined: “The fact that you think the father doesn’t have spiritual power, dey play.”


st.charbella penned: “I repeat… everybody should do as they like😒😒😒.”


4funcomedian noted: “Abeg from today if you know say you no Dey happy for your home abeg keep am to your self or comot, no Dey use wetin you feel come online Dey yarn anyhow Dey advice the ignorant.”


big__dreamz said: “My own be say I no fit do court wedding. Any lady that will marry me. Will marry me for love and not for sharing what I worked for? Cus na pikin wey I born go get everything wey I get and not my wife. Na only the child.”


abakalikibusinesslink wrote: “If you have troubles in your home…come out and say it with your full chest. My parents are late and my siblings allow me to give their children names. They are happy,I am happy …we are all happy.”

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

THE NEW OONI OF ILE-IFE,WILL NOT EAT THE HEART OF THE LATE OONI-PALACE CHIEFS.

INNOSON GIVES OUT BRAND NEW IVM G5 AND SALARY FOR LIFE TO THE MAN WHO PROPHESIED ABOUT HIS VEHICLE MANUFACTURING IN 1979.(PHOTO).

SHAKIRA COVERS WOMEN'S HEALTH MAGAZINE,APRIL ISSUE.