SUDAN: AT LEAST 89 KILLED IN PARAMILITARY ATTACK.(PHOTO).

Image
  Sudan: At least 89 killed in paramilitary attack At least 89 have been killed in a cluster of villages in the Sudanese city of Omdurman by the paramilitary Rapid Support Forces (RSF) a Sudanese human rights organization has said, AP reported. Many more were injured in the attack that saw the paramilitary group carrying out random artillery shelling and direct gunfire. The Emergency Lawyer’s Association has accused the RSF of violating "human rights and international law," the statement added that its forces engaged in widespread looting of homes and shops, arrested several young men from the villages "and forced them at gunpoint to transport the looted goods." Many have fled to the Jabal Awlia area, in hopes of finding safety. Sudan is already in the grips of the largest displacement crisis, to date, an estimated 8.8 million people have been forced from their homes to camps and other locations within Sudan; 3.5 million more have fled across borders, according to t...

IGHODALO DENIES INVOLVEMENT IN SHAIBU'S IMPEACHMENT. (PHOTO).


 Ighodalo denies involvement in Shaibu’s impeachment


The Peoples Democratic Party’s governorship candidate in Edo State, Asue Ighodalo, has refuted claims that he has a hand in the impeachment of the state’s former Deputy Governor, Phillip Shaibu.


Ighodalo described the allegation as fake, saying it was cooked up to tarnish his reputation.


This was contained in a statement by his media team on Monday.


The statement read, “While we would not usually join issues in response to every passing comment, it has become imperative to address the recent spurious allegations by former Deputy Governor Phillip Shaibu,


“It is necessary for the record, to state in no uncertain terms, that Mr. Asue Ighodalo has had no role or involvement in any form whatsoever in the very public process leading to Mr. Shuaibu’s impeachment and subsequent removal from office by the Edo State House of Assembly.


“These claims are completely without merit, and Mr. Ighodalo categorically denies any such involvement. These allegations are a clear attempt to unjustly tarnish his reputation and divert attention from the actual issues at hand.


He, however, called on the public to disregard the claim, saying, “We urge the public and the media to regard these false statements with well-deserved skepticism.”


Ighodalo had earlier said he remained focused on running a governorship campaign based on issues and devoid of distractions.


On April 8, the state House of Assembly impeached the embattled state deputy governor after the adoption of the report of the seven-man investigative panel set up by the state Chief Judge to probe allegations of misconduct against Shaibu.


Shaibu was probed on allegations of perjury and leaking of government secrets.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

INNOSON GIVES OUT BRAND NEW IVM G5 AND SALARY FOR LIFE TO THE MAN WHO PROPHESIED ABOUT HIS VEHICLE MANUFACTURING IN 1979.(PHOTO).

SHAKIRA COVERS WOMEN'S HEALTH MAGAZINE,APRIL ISSUE.

ACTOR BABA IJESHA APPEALS FIVE-YEAR JAIL SENTENCE FOR SEXUAL ASSAULT. (PHOTO).