EKITI MAN SENTENCED TO 84 YEARS FOR RAPE, ROBBERY, ATTEMPTED MURDER. (PHOTO)

Image
 Ekiti Man Sentenced to 84 Years for Rape, Robbery, Attempted Murder An Ekiti State High Court sitting in Ado Ekiti has sentenced 33-year-old Oluwatuyi Bidemi to 84 years in prison for attempted murder, robbery, kidnapping, and rape. Justice Adeniyi Familoni delivered the verdict on Friday, convicting Bidemi on all four charges after finding the prosecution had proved its case beyond reasonable doubt. The offences were committed on July 7, 2021, in Omuo Ekiti, where Bidemi attacked civil servant Abiodun Agnes on her way to work, dragged her into a bush, robbed and raped her, and left her unconscious. Testifying, the victim said she was held by the neck, tied up, and had a handkerchief stuffed in her mouth. She lost consciousness and later discovered she had been raped, with parts of her body shaved. Bidemi was later identified and arrested by the Nigeria Security and Civil Defence Corps (NSCDC). The court sentenced him to 21 years on each of the four counts, to run concurrently fro...

POLICE ARREST THREE SUSPECTED KIDNAPPERS IN NASARAWA .(PHOTO).


 Police arrest three suspected kidnappers in Nasarawa. 


Operatives of the Nasarawa State Police Command have arrested three suspected kidnappers in Karu Local Government Area of the state.

 

The spokesperson for the command, DSP Ramhan Nansel in a statement issued on Tuesday, April 23, 2024, said the suspects namely Babangida Abdullahi, 29, Mohammed Abubakar, 27, and Yakubu Sani,30, were arrested by operatives attached to the Mararaba ā€˜Aā€™ Division of the Nigeria Police.

 

ā€œThe suspects allegedly conspired among themselves and placed a call across to one Ibrahim Idris of the same address, an uncle to one of the suspects,ā€ the statement reads. 

 

ā€œThey threatened to kidnap him if he doesnā€™t pay a ransom of N2 million

 

"Scared of being kidnapped, the victim dropped the total sum requested by the suspects at their preferred location; after which they picked it up and shared it among themselves.ā€ 

 

The statement added that the three suspects have all confessed to the commission of the crime and effort is ongoing to arrest one member of the syndicate who escaped arrest by whiskers. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

INNOSON GIVES OUT BRAND NEW IVM G5 AND SALARY FOR LIFE TO THE MAN WHO PROPHESIED ABOUT HIS VEHICLE MANUFACTURING IN 1979.(PHOTO).

SHAKIRA COVERS WOMEN'S HEALTH MAGAZINE,APRIL ISSUE.

ACTOR BABA IJESHA APPEALS FIVE-YEAR JAIL SENTENCE FOR SEXUAL ASSAULT. (PHOTO).